Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
donna_loomis

A Quilt for the Princess

donna_loomis
9 years ago

Some of you may remember when I posted almost two years ago the quilt I hand appliqued for my great nephew, Mikey (my first quilt). I found out in May that my first granddaughter will be arriving in November. I was going to knit a blanket, then decided on knitting an adorable coat I found a pattern for. I'm so wishy-washy. I was reading a book at lunch one afternoon last month and I read the line, "Good morning Princess". It hit me at that moment that I would have to make her a quilt with that phrase on it. Appliqued again, this time by machine because I didn't have the kind of time that I had for Mikey's quilt (he's going to be two this month!) I had so much fun making this quilt. I actually found myself giggling while I was sewing, LOL. And since my son and DIL still haven't decided on a name, I think Princess is going to be what I end up calling her anyway. I gave DIL the quilt at the shower two weeks ago. She loves it.

Comments (13)

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

It's a really cute labor of love. Congrats on your soon to be here granddaughter.

Best to you and yours,
    Sandra

• wanda_va
    9 years ago

Congratulations on your to-be granddaughter (I am sooo jealous). The quilt is beautiful, and the quilting is perfect.

• msmeow
    9 years ago

Donna, it's adorable! The perfect gift for the princess-to-be.

Donna

• nanajayne
    9 years ago

Congratulations on both the quilt and the "Princess". There is nothing more rewarding then the first grandchild ..that is unless its the one's that follow. Best wishes to all and TFS.

• donna_loomis
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh, she's not my first grandchild, just the first girl. My two grandsons have worn me out with wrestling and football and I'm looking forward to some tea parties!

• quiltnhen
    9 years ago

Wonderful idea and a great quilt!
    LindaB/CA

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

Lovely quilt...absolutely perfect for a grand baby-girl!

• loisflan
    9 years ago

Beautiful little quilt for the princess. I especially love the quilting. Very nice job.

• jennifer_in_va
    9 years ago

now isn't that just darling!

• grammyp
    9 years ago

What a great quilt. Love the yellow background and the quilting is beautiful. Enjoy your little princess.

beverly

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

Lovely and very fitting for the first Princess! I had 3 grandsons before getting a granddaughter and yes, she was/is overwhelmed/spoiled but at almost 21, has handled it well. :-) The Geezer even taught her to drive and allowed her to drive our van. Wow! You will have so much fun and no matter what they end up naming her, she'll always be your Princess.

SharonG/FL

• sylviatexas1
    9 years ago

That's not only gorgeous, it's delightful!

• beth7happy
    9 years ago

It's as beautiful as it is sweet!! What a treasure for everyone from Oma to baby!!