0

jammed tubular lock

Saypoint 7a CT

I don't know if this is the right forum for this problem, but none of the others seemed to fit the topic either.

I have a small sentry fireproof box for storing stuff. The other day, when I was closing and locking it, something happened to the tubular lock. The inner ring which has a notch in it is misaligned relative to the other notches in the outer ring, and I can no longer put the key in the lock. It's locked with the lid open, so I can't close it, which I guess is better than locked closed and not being able to get in.

I did a web search, and found a lot of instructions for how to pick locks (!!!) but I'm not sure this applies to my issue. I've also emailed a request for help to Sentry, but haven't heard from them yet.

Any ideas?

• brickeyee

Take it to a locksmith.

• Saypoint 7a CT

Thanks. I emailed Sentry with my problem, and they are sending me a special key to unjam the lock.