Software
Houzz Logo Print
joyy_gw

i really miss you women!

18 years ago

i DO. i haven't had any time or energy to do much of anything and i feel sad about it.

we're currently considering a move wayyyyyyyyyyyy up north and it feels like everything's on hold until we hear news about potential jobs in timmins (home of shania twain, if anyone is familiar with her background). good jobs if we can secure them but it's just a waiting game. if we get them, then the logistics of our move will be a nightmare (although, the job i could get would be heaven compared to where i am right now).

anyway, the only point of my post is lamenting and self pity. the last moaics i completed were and xmas time and after that...... well........ i'm just not sure what's going on. maybe the fact that it's been such a yucky winter is dragging me down, too. i've got a lot of wips but right now they just sit there.... uncompleted.

what have you done in the past when you're stuck like this? what inspired you to continue with mosaics? i know that sooner or later i'll get back to it but i wish i could 'want' to do it sooner. it always makes me feel better but i just can't get into it right now....

blah.. :(

Comments (11)

  • 18 years ago

    There you are!!! Wuz wonderin' I have 3 WIPs right now that I left and went to Mexico and now have to get back atter... and the stuff I brought back from mexy is burning a hole in my brain soooooo.......

  • 18 years ago

    Sometimes it is good to take a break from everything for a little while. Then what you need is new inspiration. Spend some time on the internet viewing others work, take a trip somewhere new, set a goal for yourself, decide to try something different "out of your box". Do something for someone else...like a project for charity and give it away. Many times, things totally out of the ordinary will happen to you.

    I have a friend who tells me that everything you give away, will come back to you 100 x. I have discovered that is very true. Pretty soon, the ideas and inspiration will start flying at you in every direction.

    Becky

  • 18 years ago

    I'm in a bit of a funk too Joyy, haven't done much since Xmas, tried to start a couple things but just can't seem to get inspired by anything. You gave some good advice becky, I like the idea of giving something to charity. I think all of us get this way sometimes, but sooner or later something will just jump out at you and you'll HAVE to mosaic it!
    Welome back Calamity! You're my inspiration! always thinking, always busy making something neat, always so enthusiastic...you go girl!

  • 18 years ago

    I went through that same thing, JOYY. I just simply couldn't come up w/inspiration - paced the floor, thought and thought, and then I got the flu, and barely got well enough to travel to Mexico. Well, let me tell you, I'm so full of inspiration again I can't contain it all. GYPSIE brought us all personalized mosaiced switchplates, and I love it so much, I've completed three and have another one glued to grout today. They're small things I can work on while I come up w/an idea of how I want to use one of the nichos I brought back from PV in a project for a gift. Just try gluing a few pieces onto one of your WIPs to see if it won't jump start you. So glad to see you're still w/us. I'll NEVER forget your driveway holes you filled w/mosaics and how I wish I had some holes in mine to play with. You're an inspiration too, girlie. Get the glue and some shards and .......

  • 18 years ago

    I can get the same way. I then tend to go to the craft room, go through everything - find some things that had go missing and just kind of piddle around. It will slowly bring me back to working again.

  • 18 years ago

    I was in the same rut for a long time,mainly because of pain...then they asked me to do a little show and I was forced to finish some things...working takes my mind off the pain and other things I don't want weighing me down..it'll come back to you right now your just in limbo.Good to hear from you!

  • 18 years ago

    I'm in the same place!!! Must be winter, albeit, I can't compare my winter to yours! Still sends me into a funk! I have committed myself (perhaps I should be committed) to organize a fundraiser art show this spring for our church mission (works locally with the homeless and battered women in our own community). So, as the organizer, I must get busy and whip out some work! I do so much better with a deadline! Hope you can get out of this slump and get going again soon. This is my first day out of bed in 4 days, got the flu, missed work all week, yadayadayada...

  • 18 years ago

    Moving around really put me in a rut. On top of that I had no place to work. Now I do! And I think I have finally crawled out from that rut. It will happen. I know it will.
    Oh... and I MUST see those mosaiced driveway holes!!!!!
    Betsy

  • 18 years ago

    I have felt that way also .I too have been in a lot of pain ( I have lupes and fib) When I do to much I pay dearly for it .I have not mos all week and that is just not me .I have done so mushrooms I wll post them later.

  • 18 years ago

    Awww, I feel for you Gals!!! I sure am grateful to have this forum to help me thru the tough times as well as the good times.

  • 18 years ago

    Amen, CALAM. I LOVE this playpen.

Sponsored