legomom23

Full spectrum paints

legomom23
September 30, 2012

I have been a lurker on this board for long enough to have heard a lot about this type of paint. I am getting ready to repaint most of my main floor. It is a large open room/kitchen with a whole wall of north facing windows. We don't use any curtains and our backyard is all grass and trees. For the past 8 years it has been painted a yellow that goes green a lot. When it was going up the painter said it looked like new baby poop, and I should have listened. I have hated it unless there is snow on the ground! The reflection from that makes it look lovely.

I am working with a designer/paint consultant and she selected some very neutral tans - BM krisp khaki and coastal path. I am paying a professional painter to come in to paint because there is a lot of drywall repair work to do.

Needless to say, this is now making me nervous! It is expensive, and I am going to be living with it for a long time. Should I be looking at full spectrum paints? I want my walls to come alive:) Are those the colors and conditions where they would work?