Software
Houzz Logo Print
klabocki

White marble kitchen finished!!!!

15 years ago

We bought a house that was completely gutted inside and had to replace everything. Got a lot of tips and ideas from here, thank you, here is my take on a traditional white glam kitchen...

I see there is no easy way to post pics on here, you can see them on my blog: www.kasia.labocki.com

Here is what I used:

* Cabinets �' Lowes Diamond

* Appliances �' Samsung Fridge, Bosch Dishwasher and stove

* Counter �' Vermont Danby Montclair Marble

* Hardware �' RH bistro

* Backsplash �' subway tile, Lowes

* Faucet �' Delta Leland

* Sink �' Ticor stainless undermount �' overstock

Here is a link that might be useful: Simple P.Chee

Comments (20)

  • 15 years ago

    I like the glass cabs, the swirls in the danby and your paint color. Very nice.

  • 15 years ago

    mtnrdredux beat me to it. She said exactly what I was thinking. That wall color is fab. I need to know what it is.

  • 15 years ago

    Great job with that yummy marble! I would love to know where you gor those stools. Are they slipcovered? It's glam, but not tacky sparkly glam which where I was afraid you were going. Thanks for sharing.

  • 15 years ago

    Just gorgeous! Especially the marble, which is really stunning. Congratulations on a beautiful job, and the second baby!

  • 15 years ago

    Congrats in your new kitchen and your new addition ;)

    I love the layout as it seems to open up to the back. Your materials are pretty and I like how you accessorized with a vintage pink. I am not a huge fan of pink, but I think they way you used it is lovely. It is a hard color to pull off in an adult way, but you managed to do it.

    You did achieve traditional and glam, but I think you forgot to use the word "friendly" (because that also describes your kitchen).

  • 15 years ago

    Congratulations! You have done a wonderful job. The marble is beautiful and ditto what dianalo said, don't forget friendly!

  • 15 years ago

    That sure is beautiful, and I love all of the square glass cabinets at the top! You wondered what you should put in them, and I see that you have two accent colors: pale pink and aqua. Those go nicely with your white, glamorous kitchen, so maybe you could alternate pink and aqua... but don't overdo it. What I mean is, choose one or two objects per square cabinet that are pink, and for the next cabinet, choose one or two objects that are aqua. The rest of the objects that you choose to put in those glass cabinets might be white or silver, like tin silver canisters or silver plated pitchers, or... I dunno. Other stuff. :o) Maybe crystal things or white enamelware.
    Just an idea. I hope you post more pictures after you decide what you want in there.

  • 15 years ago

    Looks great. Especially the glass uppers and the pink KA mixer and accessories. Also a very functional layout.

    Congratulations on a job well done.

  • 15 years ago

    Beautiful--great job!!

  • 15 years ago

    That is bea-u-ti-ful!! Great job!

  • 15 years ago

    I absolutely love this kitchen. Dianalo is right, it is friendly! I want to sit at that counter and gaze at your gorgeous Danby and be pulled in by the whole room and your wonderful combination of colors. Brown and pink is a fave of mine! May I make a suggestion? In your top display cabs, don't do the blue/green--instead put something pink and silver and vary the color balance in each grouping. A few pieces of pink Depression glass would be really nice there. One rarely sees pink in a kitchen and I love how you used it here; it goes so well with the brown and the soft appearance of the Danby. This is a fab kitchen!

  • 15 years ago

    Very beautiful. I love that Danby.

    I agree with anna, go with pick and silver to accent your browns.

    Also, since you asked (on your blog at least) for lighting ideas, I thought I would suggest this. I think it would highlight the marble, pink and brown perfectly.

    Here is a link that might be useful: Pendants

  • 15 years ago

    Very nice, I love the overall softness.

  • 15 years ago

    Gorgeous!

  • 15 years ago

    Very pretty in pink! The marble is beautiful, and you did a wonderful job of achieving your look -- a glam but welcoming family kitchen. I think you and your daughters will have a great time working together there in the future : ).

    PS I think senator's recommendation for lighting would be perfect.

    Becky

  • 15 years ago

    Wow, absolutely beautiful! That Danby is stunning. Can you share which Bosch range you purchased? Are you happy with it? Thanks for sharing and congratulations on the kitchen and the baby!

  • 15 years ago

    Very lovely kitchen! I really like the pink accents, and all the white gorgeousness!

  • 15 years ago

    I third senator13's light recommendation. That would work beautifully.

  • 15 years ago

    Wow, thanks so much for all the feedback!
    @sumnerfan - paint is SW Dry Dock, since we were going with so much white we thought the darker brown would be a nice contrast
    @breezygirl - the stools are actually from an ikea and yes that is one of their slipcovers on it. So I can take off and wash if needed. Great deal. They also had some neutral all tan ones as well.
    @senator - thanks for the lighting link. Very nice. I'm also seriously considering the RH Clemson pendants. I love that look and find myself constantly going back to it. We'll see though.

    Love the idea of putting more sliver and pink up in the cabinets. I just have to find the right ones. I actually had the pink stuff from our previous home...which was dark brown cabinets with the pink accents. So it kind of got defaulted into this kitchen but I think it's working out.

    @pricklypearcactus - The Bosch range is the integra. I am happy with it - i love the look so much better than the other slide in ranges I looked at. It does take quite a bit longer to heat up (oven) then my previous oven but then again it cooks a lot better.

    Thanks again for all the feedback, it's great to hear the feedback as this whole process was so nerve wrecking. I'll post more pics of the house and some of the bathrooms later!

  • 15 years ago

    Your pink and milk chocolate color scheme is a refreshing new look for a white kitchen.