enduring

backsplash planning tips: what have you learned?

enduring

This just popped in my head as I have worked through my own backsplash planning and installation (DIY):

When it comes to your backsplash try lining the area with something like solid colored wrapping paper or tissue paper, in several shade renditions, to help inform you which way you might want to go, with light, med, or dark. Get this, I just put in a light marble mosaic, and I have a dark green painters paper over for curing purposes (per instructions) & I prefer the darker painters paper to what I put up!!!! I did a nice tile job too. Though, I am not taking it out, I will have to shift my ideas of deco.

Oh, and when you look at colors for intensity and balance with other elements, squint your eyes as you look. I was taught this by a paint saleswoman at a very fine woodworking retail store. It works. The squinting takes away the color in our vision but leaves the gray scale intensity. It really gives an idea with darkness and lightness without the added tricks that color can play on us.

Any other tips that might help someone?