Software
Houzz Logo Print
debrak2008

Remembering funny threads

13 years ago

Over the years there have been many threads that made me laugh out loud. While the issue may or may not have been serious you couldn't help but laugh. Why? because they hit home. Made us laugh at ourselves and did a little reality check.

Anyone want to find their favorites and link them here? Tell us why it was your favorite.

I will link the one that included laxsupermoms secret weapon during the remodel. S E X
My fav because you can get so wrapped up in your house that you forget about your relationship. When you are both more relaxed decisions are much easier.

What is your favorite?

Here is a link that might be useful: secret weapon

Comments (24)

  • 13 years ago

    Of course, this thread by Marcolo has to be included. It's just...classic.

    I poured milk on my salad.

  • 13 years ago

    As a DIY-er (or , the wife of a DIY-er) I can totally relate!!!

    I'm off to include LAXSUPERMOM in the '
    My favorite ______ are...' thread. Thanks debrak2008!

  • 13 years ago

    My all-time favorite. It slays me every time I read it.

    Here is a link that might be useful: Cat threw up in washing machine

  • 13 years ago

    These are awesome threads! I can't stop laughing... I love this kitchen forum.

  • 13 years ago

    Pamela, you beat me to it. That was the thread I was going to post as well !

  • 13 years ago

    Marcolo's Ten Commandments of the One True Kitchen, about halfway down.

    Here is a link that might be useful: OTK

  • 13 years ago

    How Remodeling a Kitchen is Like Having a Baby

    Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen remodel like having a baby

  • 13 years ago

    Again with a Marcolo thread. One of my favorites that comes to mind right now....

    where did he go to, anyway?

    That OTK thread is a scream. Somehow, I missed that one...

    Here is a link that might be useful: samples thread

    This post was edited by deedles on Fri, Sep 13, 13 at 0:27

  • 13 years ago

    Towel pig thread was GW kitchens forum on its ridiculest best.

    Infamously witty John Liu and the Maginot line thread

  • 13 years ago

    I remembering laughing hysterically at the pet peeve/widget thread....

    Here is a link that might be useful: pet peeve

  • 13 years ago

    Raising boys requires a sense of humor. I saved this thread because many of the entries rang true for me.

    Here is a link that might be useful: Raising Boys.....a chuckle

  • 13 years ago

    The infamous "widget" thread!

    Here is a link that might be useful: Widget Thread!

  • 13 years ago

    Here's one I saved in a weak moment. I can't believe I'm posting it. Read at your own risk.

    You'll enjoy Buehl's link at the end.

    Here is a link that might be useful: For us women only--get a kleenex or a box if you cry when la....

  • 13 years ago

    Guess I should have looked at the other links....Burnsie2 beat me to it! We posted the same link, albeit with different descriptions!

  • 13 years ago

    Is there anything funnier than hurling cat stories, ROFL! Oh my that is a funny thread. Thanks for the laughs!!

  • 13 years ago

    Towel pig. It still comes up every now and then, someone buying a towel pig. Just never THE towel pig!

    Here is a link that might be useful: Towel Pig

  • 13 years ago

    Ugh, I just got sucked in to the time sinkhole that is searching for a towel pig. But in the process I found this thread . . . Favorite Threads Thread

    Here is a link that might be useful: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg1119132024105.html

  • 13 years ago

    Don't forget the 'please show me your stools in context' thread.....

  • 13 years ago

    The worst Kitchen ever... it was black and really awful. It always made me smile cause its the only kitchen I ever saw that was worse than my 1948 gem.

    Sorry I couldn't find the thread, but I know a regular will be able to find it.

  • 13 years ago

    Such great links!

    We can include funny titles such as "...stools in context". I know I posted an one last year. "Why is 26" both odd and Canadian?". I was in search of 26" bar stools.

    I remember that black kitchen. Didn't it has gold stenciling on it? I couldn't find it either

  • 13 years ago

    I just reread the "stools in context" thread and laughed so hard I cried. Mood lights for the toilet!!! You don't want to be there when they turn green.

  • 13 years ago

    Conduct unbecoming a mother:
    Sending the waxing thread to my 30 year old daughter. Who for reasons incomprehensible to me waxes.

  • 13 years ago

    Never in a million years would I have thought that looking for a broom would engender 98 (and counting) posts. But I underestimate the TKO! Keeping up with it as it goes is fascinating and interesting and fun. But reading the whole thing AFTER reading the Widgets thread...priceless.

    And BTW, I am going to buy a new broom...or three...now after reading that thread. And will join the posts that said "this thread is costing me money" :) But no widgets; they're so out of fashion now and would affect my resale.

    Here is a link that might be useful: Really fantastic widget I mean broom

  • 11 years ago

    Bumping this up hoping that we can include some new funny threads or older ones not mentioned here. Newcomers here may need a laugh or two.