Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16331601

I need to VENT !!

User
9 years ago

DH and his 44 yr old seasoned wok...:) green beans at their best. yummm...
we put in a Caldera 36" in 2006. Still going strong. Have a 1400 cfm Tradewind liner with baffles and remote blower put in at the same time. I took a pic almost exactly like this 8 yrs ago. What a great reprise and a testament to the longevity of the cook and the appliance ! c

This post was edited by trailrunner on Sun, Oct 19, 14 at 3:17

Comments (9)

• oldbat2be
    9 years ago

Big smile on this end. Please, keep venting!!

• deedles
    9 years ago

Oh, Trailrunner... I've been waiting to thank you for plugging the Tradewind liners. We installed one because of your recommendation.. and had to go with the smallest CFM due to roof line (couldn't fit a round vent, only a rectangular) but still I'm so very happy with this liner. It's quiet and the lights are bright, easy to clean and works like a charm. So, Thank you!

Now, if I could only get my DH in front of my stove like your DH always is!

• rmtdoug
    9 years ago

Now that is a cook's kitchen.

• kksmama
    9 years ago

Fabulous, Trailrunner. IRRC your dh and ds both cook, hurray for you!
    Deedles, did I miss your reveal? Smart of you to take the tradewind, I debated and chose Kobe because my contractor got a deal - but my first one was a lemon and the service was terrible.

• deedles
    9 years ago

kksmama: no, you didn't miss my reveal. I have yet to get one together because of the few things that I haven't yet finished. I feel bad not posting yet :(

• cookncarpenter
    9 years ago

Now that's my kind of venting! :)
    I'm the cook, and my wife loves that fact! My Dad was also the cook, rare for the'50s -'60s but that's all I knew until I went to a friends house and the mom was cooking?....

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

olddbat:) here too ! I sure hope I can keep venting LOL ! Otherwise it will be a pretty smelly house !

deedles..I am SO glad to hear you love your Tradewind. I quit posting here for the most part so don't push that brand anymore. It is a great one for sure. I hope you will get your kitchen finished soon. Thank you !

mtdoug...best compliment I could get ...thank you !

kks...you remember correctly. DS1 is a professional chef as is his wife. They are at Restaurant 1850 at Maple Hall in Lexington VA. Just opened a new restaurant in an 1850 B and B up there. Link below. I hope your Kobe works ok it sure is a pleasure to cook and not smell it for days after :)

ctycdm...hope you will post some pics of you "manning" the stove :) DH has always cooked and both of our boys know their way around a kitchen as does their sister. It is a big part of our lives. I "push" DH out of the way on a regular basis :) Thank you for commenting ! c

Here is a link that might be useful: Restaurant 1850 at Maple Hall

• a2gemini
    9 years ago

Love positive venting!
    If we get to VA, will have to check out DS restaurant.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

a2 ...that would be great! let me know. thank you.c