{{gwi:56656}}

{{gwi:56657}}

{{gwi:56658}}

{{gwi:56659}}

{{gwi:56660}}

Comments (7)

• rosemariero
    18 years ago

Pretty, pretty, pretty! Is the one in the last pic of Double Petunias? I like!

~Rosemarie

• rcnaylor
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Yes, Roemarie. Double Petunias. This was the first year I have grown them. That was taken of a pot right before frost here. It put out kind of a last flush. I did a little more editing on it than I usually do. I can never quite capture the same beauty with a camera as nature gives to work with. But, my feeling is the the flowers are always the real scene no matter the little tweaks added to try to get close to the original beauty.

• kathi_mdgd
    18 years ago

Beautiful!! In the 2nd picture what is that hanging way up in the top corner.Is it a "wandering jew"??
    Kathi

• rcnaylor
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Yes Kathi. I usually just buy a medium sized one each spring and by frost they are pretty big. Its an east facing patio. So, it doesn't get much direct sun up there in the corner, but they are pretty easy plants to grow and they do well there for me.

• gingergaia
    18 years ago

Beautiful Pictures and patio. I never seem to be able to pot my patio so nicely try as I may. Good Job!

Here is a link that might be useful: Ginger's Flower Garden

• rcnaylor
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Your pics are gorgous Ginger. Me thinks you are being too modest! Thanks for sharing.

But, fwiw, about the only tip I would have about potted plants is just try to figure out how much sun and water they want and give it to them pretty consistently.

And, of course, reference to the gardner's addadge, gardeners are like doctors, we bury our mistakes. :) So, what I can't get to go by moving it or changing its moisture, usually takes a long walk off a short plank to the compost pile.

• botrytisfree
    18 years ago

Nice Containers. My experience is that it is hard to keep containers so nice. Great job and nice pics, too...

Sponsored