Software
Houzz Logo Print
mmagnano

Livign Room Update

11 years ago
Dear Houzzers,

After a wonderful kitchen remodel last year, my living room now feels so dark, drab and outdated. I would love to repaint and redecorate this room - with a transitional look but still traditional character. Our house is a very traditional design and has a lot of gold throughout (living room, entry/stairs). I am sure we will need to lighten the paint color, but it does need to flow with the rest of the house. The LR dimensions are: 14 ft wide by 24 ft long, with french doorway in the back.

So: I envision this room could be alot more updated with clean lines and maybe even a little artistic/interesting. Definitely I would like to see the LR to be more dressed up, and probably more neutral color scheme for main pieces/rug with pops of other colors (pillows, art, accent pieces). I would love any advice on where to begin - what pieces to buy - how to lay out the room- and color ideas! Thank you!

Comments (2)