Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
asirchia

Modernized Tudor

9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago
We bought a foreclosed house in need of severe rehab. The house looked "haunted" and became a neighborhood eyesore. I wish I could have added more pictures of the transformation, it has been quite a ride!

Comments (34)

• PRO
    9 years ago
    Great modernized Tudor style house.
    asirchia thanked Dytecture
  • 9 years ago
    Thank you both JudyG Designs and Dytecture!! I changed the title to Modernized Tudor because I realized what you said is true!!
  • 9 years ago
    Looks great. Add more photos in comments here. I would love to see more!
    asirchia thanked User
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    It really does look haunted in the before picture. Huge transformation. Great job.
    asirchia thanked 123 Remodeling Inc.
  • 9 years ago
    Sunroom before and after... : )
  • 9 years ago
    Good job. Light blue ceiling in sun room would look pretty.
    asirchia thanked houssaon
  • 9 years ago
    Love the light sky blue ceiling idea!!
  • 9 years ago
    before and after foyer and staircase...
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    Hello,

Amazing before and after photos! The new paint brings the exterior of the house back to life, while the touch of green inside brings forth an earthly vibe.

-Billiard Factory
    asirchia thanked Billiard Factory
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    Good BnA! Some funky elements inherited with that exterior-you did a good job updating it! Not haunted looking anymore.
    asirchia thanked Attinger Landscape Architecture
  • 9 years ago
    The rickety staircase spindles and railing WITHOUT a center post which was sooooo dangerous...don't know how it originally passed inspection...
  • 9 years ago
    The yucky patio, side yard before, and my diligent hard work pulling never ending weeds and putting up my split rail fence for our pups!!! Keeping the rustic feel I have tried to achieve...
  • 9 years ago
    and of course what it looks like RIGHT NOW!!!!!! I live in Ann Arbor Michigan
  • 9 years ago
    my new painted front door!
  • 9 years ago
    Just gorgeous!
    asirchia thanked waasp
  • 9 years ago
    Wow! How long have you been working on the house? Its amazing and wonderful!
    asirchia thanked Elizabeth Olin
  • 9 years ago
    Most of it was done in 3 months, the painting on the outside first, which we wanted to do right away was the biggest satisfaction, then complete paint on the entire inside, the first floor master suite, and the staircase. The rest up until a month ago! All total is has taken a year to get where we are today. Longer than expected, and more expensive than expected!
  • 9 years ago
    j.aime vivre dans une ancienne maison comme celle ci.bon courage
    asirchia thanked Abderrahim Ouarzane
  • 9 years ago
    Beautiful home!
    asirchia thanked rauraum
  • 9 years ago
    Well we were just in Ann Arbor a few weeks ago and it was close to zero degrees so kudos to you for all your hard work and getting the house painted. I just have to say, I am jealous and I have remodelled and few homes too, so great job. And do paint your sun room ceiling blue. i did that once in my daughters room and we all were wowed by it
    asirchia thanked Susan Davis
  • 9 years ago
    Awesome transformation! It was nice of you to show off other areas that you have improved! You should be very proud!!
    asirchia thanked mamabear2014
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    Oh, Ann Arbor! I lived there for 4 years. My husband was in engineering school and when he graduated he said lets move out of this snow! We were both raised in the Midwest and were use to the snowy cold but moved to California. We can go to the mountains to enjoy the snow now.

You have done a beautiful job on your house inside and out. Congratulations!! Where in A squared are you?
    asirchia thanked Lucy Haines Interior Design
  • 9 years ago
    @Lucy Haines Interior Design We live off of State Street and US 12 in Hunter's Ridge Sudivision. We moved here from Upstate NY (Rochester) and snow here is minimal compared to where we used to live! We get inches here compared to feet in Upstate NY!!!!
  • 9 years ago
    A stunning transformation! Great job. I love the kitchen and sunroom the best. Wish I could do that to my 50's Cape.
    asirchia thanked Deb D
  • 9 years ago
    My first thought, verbatim, was "stunning transformation" and when I started to type I saw that was exactly what the person above had said. Clearly, it is a stunning transformation.
    asirchia thanked RegularClouds
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    You did a wonderful job. It's a beautiful home!
    asirchia thanked User
  • 9 years ago
    You have a beautiful home and I know you put many many long hours working on this transformation. Congratulations and many years of happiness in your new abode.
    asirchia thanked wwmdrm
  • 9 years ago
    I am so jealous! I'm from Michigan and always loved the Ann Arbor vibe and the vibe that you have going after all that hard work is amazing. Everything, I love it all and especially the kitchen. I want my house to look like yours at Christmas time! A+++ and enjoy forever!!
    asirchia thanked chrissiekirk
  • 9 years ago
    It's like a little fairy tale with the snow! I'm from South Texas, where it doesn't snow. It just gets iced over and people lose their minds.
    asirchia thanked Candacw Krenek
  • 9 years ago

Thanks for all the before and after photos. Lovely transformation!

• 9 years ago

Lovely.

• PRO
    8 years ago

Quite the transformation!

• PRO
    6 years ago

It looks beautiful now!