Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Layout of kitchen

Rachel Lehn
9 years ago
Will take out old built in. Move sink below window. Needing help on layout. Where to put table. Fridge. Thanks

Last picture is closet/pantry. Or whatever will work
Middle picture is most of kitchen with built in on the left

Comments (9)

• PRO
    Elan Kitchen & Bath Design Center, LLC
    9 years ago
    Hi,

Where are you located at?
    We're able to help if you're in our area. Let me know.
    Please don't hesitate to contact us.

www.elankitchenandbath.com
  • MarleneM
    9 years ago
    I would love to offer some suggestions but have a few questions first. Are you reusing the cabinets and appliances? Entry to pantry, is that a hallway or does it just lead to pantry? There is a vent in front of window, are you able to move plumbing there? Can we get a picture taken standing in front of window to see that side of room? I think builtins like yours are very charming.
  • Danielle Heiderich
    9 years ago
    Wow, moving plumbing, moving ductwork, not envying you right now though it should be great when it's done. Since you're moving your sink under the window (love that, by the way), bear in mind your work triangle. I would leave the stove on the same wall it's on now and move the fridge to the opposite wall. I would probably place your dishwasher to the left of the sink, it's not totally clear from the photos but it looks like it's possible the dishwasher door and oven door could hit if both were opened at once if dishwasher is on the right. Measured drawings would really, really help with giving advice. I developed a love of graph paper that has never left since my DH and I began a room to room remodel of our house. I make scale drawings of the room on graph paper, then cut out scale paper dolls of major furniture pieces and/or appliances so I can try multiple layouts. Works like an absolute dream!
  • PRO
    Mason Elliott Designs
    9 years ago
    If you can post a rough plan or overhead view with measurements I will be glad to assist you.
  • PRO
    The QM Team
    9 years ago
    Well I'm going to give it a shot with no measurements and not enough information. I'm going by something we did to a home that has the same design as your kitchen. Stove don't move, sink under window, dishwasher where the sink use to be. Ref moves to the left of the pantry entry next to it a ceiling high unit to cover the fridge and act as a kitchen desk. Next to the stove we have a 12" cabinet and then a oversize cabinet to give you tons of working space plus a high bar at the end of this to sit a couple of people. Take a look at the sketch, but keep in mind that my goal is to give you a different idea and not a final design. There is many layouts we could work here but we would need to see whats in front of the kitchen.
  • curiousitygetatome
    9 years ago
    Although I cannot guide you enough from a couple of photos and rough layout design, I can tell you what you should be concerned about. You have so many appliances like your oven, fridge and dishwasher, you will be losing a lot of storage space with all of this movement. Be sure to implement some over head storage. And where will your toaster, food processor, and microwave go? Be sure to envision your everyday life in your new kitchen layout.
  • curiousitygetatome
    9 years ago
    I have designed a layout and please tell me what you think about it. And ignore the finishes, just look at the layout. I suggest a type of pantry wall including double ovens a fridge and a pantry. On the sink wall, I like the sink under the window and I put some floating storage for any cookbooks, or even if you wanted to put some herbs or anything of the sort. On the back wall I put the Range there so that you can take advantage of the counters pace made there while you cook. Please tell me if you like it?
  • curiousitygetatome
    9 years ago
    If you would like help selecting materials, I will be glad to help! :)
Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus