Software
Houzz Logo Print
myboysrule

looking for a really nice greige color that doesn't have a blue or gre

11 years ago
anyone have any ideas?

Comments (26)

  • 11 years ago
    I used BM Shale. It's a bit darker than the pewter, but I Love my choice.
  • 11 years ago
    does the Shale look a little mauve or pink in it?
  • 11 years ago
    I never thought this would be such a hard decision for me choosing paint colors. I have chester town buff now that looks yellowish gold and brown and beige upstairs... im so tired now of looking at my walls.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Revere pewter is always nice and is a nice greige.
  • 11 years ago
    im gonna try the revere pewter on a board. I would like to paint my first floor and foyer all one but thinking of painting my dining room something else. johann what goes good with the revere pewter?
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Do you mean for trim or for other walls in your home?
  • 11 years ago
    I will paint walls revere pewter and all trim will be white. but my dining room I want to do something that goes with the revere pewter and that trim will be white to.
  • 11 years ago
    I really like BM pashmina
  • 11 years ago
    Here is BM Shale. I'm not sure what the undertone is.
  • 11 years ago
    meddr, I like the color but I see like a mauve tone to it. I will see what a chip looks like from the paint store:)
  • 11 years ago
    I do like the revere petwer but we put it next to a brown wall we did. my husband did a little sample for me, but I think it might be throwing me off next to the brown color. could that be?
  • 11 years ago
    Have you looked at BM's Edgecomb Gray? It's a lovely greige with no discernible undertones. I have it throughout my condo...with white trim (SW Snowbound). fresh and works well with both cool and warm tones in furniture, flooring, etc.
  • 11 years ago
    hi 2tillets, ya know I did but im slso seeing these little paint sample cards... so small to judge. I was thinking a little to light but would you mind sending a picture of a room so I can see what it looks like with the white trim?
  • 11 years ago
    I also have a lot of brown furniture and a brown leather sectional in my family room which meets my kitchen. my kitchen cabinets are a maple wood and the color is amber.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    I'm not sure how dark you want to go but you might want to look at Smoky Taupe and Rocky Road.
  • 11 years ago
    not real dark like medium
  • 11 years ago
    Johanne I will also look into the colors
  • 11 years ago
    If you hit the "photos" on the Houzz app and type in greige walls,you will get many examples and hopefully find a color you like.
  • 11 years ago
    lovebugsmom I will definitely try that... im new to this and dont know yet how to do some things on here. I appreciate everyones advice
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    I painted a huge 30ft wall in a childcare center Shale and it is a lovely warm grey and no mauve undertone which makes it a fabulous color...yes that and my first mention of Revere Pewter:) I recommend BM Tyler Gray too!
  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    We have BM Revere Pewter in our entry, hallways and staircase areas.....looking for another complementary greige to go in our kitchen and family room.
    4 colors we are considering are BM Edgecomb Gray, SW Accessible Beige, BM Barren Plain and BM Shale. The first 3 may be lighter than what you're looking for, but still may be something to try out.
    IMO Shale does look to have some sort of mauvey undertone, but we are still going to try a sample out first on our walls/in our lighting before deciding. Pictures below.

    Edgecomb Gray
    Family Room · More Info


    Accessible Beige
    Transitional living room · More Info


    Barren Plain
    Jane Lockhart Interior Design · More Info


    Shale
    Parkwood Road Residence Living Room · More Info
  • 11 years ago
    wow! you guys are great with all your responses!! im going to the paint store for all my sample cards... stay tuned thank you guys
  • 11 years ago
    bm pashmina.
  • 11 years ago
    ok, o went to the paint store and I keep picking out revere pewter.... I also did like Shale but looks a tiny bit mave in my house. I did also like pashmina but they do not have a pain chip for it.
  • 11 years ago
    I think im liking the rever pewter a lot. I would like to do my main floor in revere pewter. my dining room is off my kitchen and I would like to do a different color. I was thinking rockport BM. how do you think it would look with the revere pewter?