Software
Houzz Logo Print
combine

What do I put in this box?

11 years ago
This box looked lovely at Christmas, but when I took all the greenery and candles out, it's just an empty box. I have no idea what to put in it. I don't really need a candle on the back of my toilet and it's the oddest place for perfume. I need some ideas (with pics please) as to what to put in this thing

Comments (34)

  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Some greenery whether real or fake would be ideal.
  • 11 years ago
    You need art on the wall. It is not the box.
  • 11 years ago
    How about a piece of artwork on the wall above it? If you don't need the box or have anything great to put in it just remove it.
  • 11 years ago
    I agree. Add art on the wall. :)
  • 11 years ago
    Please pardon my tasteless sense of humour. I had to take a second look at this - at first all I noticed was your question and the photo of the toilet.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    I think since a bold piece of art. Toilet paper in the box would be appropriate. But you can movie it.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    The box does look a lil' too big for the space. I would recommend for you to remove it from there. But if you have to keep it there maybe this would give you an idea ...
    picture via apartmenttherapy.com
  • 11 years ago
    just don't catch the back of your hair on fire.
  • 11 years ago
    Keep your rubber gloves handy for fishing stuff out of the toilet! That or move the box. Every square inch of space doesn't need to be accessorized, especially the top of the toilet!
  • 11 years ago
    HI -- I have a box of tissues and a small outdoor Asian statue on mine -- but no box .
  • 11 years ago
    Hand towels, rolled up, and inserted into the box. Kind of like this?
    Kentfield Residence - Summer Time Fun · More Info

    Tricia Rose · More Info


    I'd also put a fabulous graphic wallpaper on that wall. There are better examples on Pinterest :) http://www.pinterest.com/pin/173529391865842672/

    Townhouse re-worked · More Info
  • 11 years ago
    On one side for height a candlestick lamp or a couple of topiaries (my choice) on the other side a shorter (but still a little height) an apothocary jar with potpourri or seashells or whatever and in the center a few slim hardback books spines up and leaned on the back of the box or a package of envelopes tied together with pretty ribbon (like love notes). Tie it all together with a piece of art on the wall!
  • 11 years ago
    I would ask myself the question do you really need to have something on top of there. If you say yes then by all means go ahead since it is your bathroom and that was the question that was asked. I have a bigger one on top of mine but it holds extra hand cloth. You could probably just lay white towels in there.
  • 11 years ago
    Toilet paper ; )
  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    Two rolls of toilet paper and a cute little flower pot with a succulent in it....fake one even, as they look pretty good these days.
  • 11 years ago
    This is what I did with mine. Love the shelves
  • 11 years ago
    Anything on top of a toilet is disgusting. That surface is not a shelf and it is much too close to a flushing bowl. Have you ever seen slow motion of what happens?
  • 11 years ago
    Would you have space for the box, candles, and perfume on the vanity? For above the toilet, I like others' suggestions of art or shelves. I've always left the tank lid free so that I can lift it off quickly when necessary.
  • 11 years ago
    Something simple...three rolls of TP lined up.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    You need something above toilet, not so much on it. Try two shelves, a portrait oriented piece of artwork or all three.
  • 11 years ago
    Thanks all! I agree that the box does not need to be on the toilet! I do like the box though and would like to put something in it and move it perhaps to the vanity. I really just needed ideas as to what to put in it. Thanks for the pic of the chunky shelves. I think that would look great in this bathroom!
  • 11 years ago
    The box should go on a shelf or not at all in the bathroom. That looks outdated. And do you really need to think of christmas in the bathroom too?
  • 11 years ago
    Whoops I misunderstood question, didn't realize you were talking about box on top of toilet, thought you were being funny and calling your actual room a box, sorry lol, still like shelves, so easy to install
  • 11 years ago
    okee doke. Box is gone. Thinking of shelves... Thanks all
  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    A 12 x 36 inch print above the toilet would work nicely. Try www.allposters.com There is a 40% off everything sale until tomorrow. I like this one - "Life's Little Instructions". It's a fun read and good advice. Or, just a bold piece of art.
    http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Life-s-Little-Instructions-Posters_i9589125_.htm
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Modern Bathroom · More Info
  • 10 years ago
    Funny....I just looked back on this and it's amazing what time does. As soon as I saw the photo, I thought it looked dumb. You were all sooo right! I don't have anything on there and I put o piece of art up and it looks so much better. Thanks Houzz!
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    i would do the floating shelves in recycled wood that would bring a nice feel to it for sure ! With the existing rock wall on the side i think it would look great. Or shelving with pipes to add a industrial feel like the picture but smaller, and you can personalized the size of the pipes, and the material colours of the shelves itself.

  • 10 years ago
    I actually just bought this canvas yesterday. I thought it was funny and bathroom appropriate. I need to get it framed. Who knew my house is older than the invention of the toilet paper roll?
  • 10 years ago
    Here's the pic not framed. What colour frame? Black? White? Barn board?
  • 10 years ago

    White or wood. Nothing too obtrusive, and nothing too wide.

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    The box is your least concern...although it is part of the equation to a perfectly dressed in watercloset. How about some art over the commode and then think about the box and what to put in it. We can help and can make this room and the rest of your, "Interior Affairs", come to life! Call us 714-970-8000

  • 10 years ago
    Can I use a black frame? Or no?
Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations