Software
Houzz Logo Print
sar000

What is this granite called?

11 years ago
last modified: 11 years ago
This stone (pictured) that's in our master bathroom was billed as granite in the listing, anyone know what type it is?

Comments (17)

  • 11 years ago
    Some sort of aggregate in a resin matrix? I doubt it came out of the quarry that way...
    sar000 thanked User
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Is it a type of mariachi granite? I think it comes in various colors.
    sar000 thanked Brickwood Builders, Inc.
  • 11 years ago
    @Maureen - Do you happen to know ballpark what the pricing is like? The sellers left a large slab in the garage so if we don't have a need to use it somewhere I'm considering selling it.
  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    It was over 15 years ago and at the time cost $5,500 for the area behind the stove and quite a lot of counter. Have no idea of the sq. footage, sorry. We also bought direct from the importer. Here's a link to a supplier and they could probably provide you with costs. It's pretty unique, so it will be a certain person that will want to buy it. Good luck.
    http://www.marblewarehouse.com/servlet/the-401/Black-Mariachi-Granite-Slab/Detail
    sar000 thanked Maureen
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    It looks like Blue Marinace Granite, or sometimes called Marinace Blue Acquarius Granite. This particular granite can vary in color, leaning from the pinks/ mauve shade to more of blue/ mauve colors. It will probably be hard to find.
    sar000 thanked Wyland Interior Design Center
  • 11 years ago
    You Houzz ladies know absolutely everything!! :) thank you
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Locally our suppliers carry Green Marinace, but it is considered a high priced granite here.
  • 11 years ago
    The name of that stone has to be ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS !!!
    sar000 thanked Suellensilver Silver
  • 11 years ago
    I used red marinace in my old kitchen. Sooooo gorgeous.
    sar000 thanked dclostboy
  • 11 years ago
    Guys, she's not looking to buy it! It was already in the house they bought. She just wants to know the name and value.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Wyland Interiors is absolutely right .. I just completed a kitchen with it, and it was in the upper-tier of granite levels here in Colorado.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Depo. so do you know what the name is and the value?
  • 11 years ago
    No, but people were telling her it would be hard to find, expensive, think hard about installing because new buyers might not like it, etc. That is the only reason I said that. I believe a couple of people did tell her what they thought it was.
  • 11 years ago
    Which, by the way, those comments have since been deleted.
  • 11 years ago
    expensive
  • 11 years ago
    Yes it is in the house we just bought. I was only asking pricing because we have an unused slab in the garage and I was wondering if it would be worthwhile to try and sell it since I can't use it for anything..or maybe when we build a pool I can have it cut and used in some sort of way maybe on the steps?

    And the comments about "future buyers"…This granite is only in our master bathroom for the vanities and around the tub, etc. Our kitchen and all other bathrooms are a much more mainstream granite, Crema Bordeaux.

    I really disliked the Blue Marinace when we moved in, but actually after reading Maureen's comment that it comes from a river bed, I'm starting to think it meshes pretty well just for that one bathroom since we live on the water :)

    We have maple cabinets under the Blue Marinace but I'm considering having them painted white to tone down the colorfulness of the granite.

    Thank you all :)