Software
Houzz Logo Print
kkratty

Need help with Exterior Update of 1956 Cape Cod style Home!

11 years ago
After 7 years of updating the interior of our home we would like to update the exterior. You can't tell too well from these pictures but the brick is a shade of orange with the ugliest (in my opinion) clashing dijon mustard colored mortar...I like the teal siding...need to change the scalloped siding (to the left of front door) to a more updated look...shingles in that tone? (hardy) Maybe beef up the dormers? Thoughts? What should I do with the brick? White wash (a dark shade?)...I couldn't fathom painting it another color...I think there is just too many colors in play here....how about the shutters? Should I make them longer and add window box? Thoughts? Maybe beef up the columns? Is the white of the garage doors (which are new as are all the windows and front storm door) too much white?

I know our home has great potential to look lovely, and updated, just not sure how to do it, and any advice/direction would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (2)