Software
Houzz Logo Print
linda_nguyen8835

Helppp with empty walls!

11 years ago
I'm starting to work on this room and finally got the furniture I want in. But I still can't decide what I want to hang on that back wall some advice please? And I also want to add in a rug but can find one I like. Help please!!!!

Comments (18)

  • 11 years ago
    You have a beautiful living room! I think some art/photos would look nice!
  • 11 years ago
    I love the room and the furniture you have selected. It looks like your design style is Classical with a modern twist. You may want to add some architectural prints on the wall, also some throw pillows in a contrasting print. I only wish you can move the sofa if possible to the other wall so that the wall design elements can be seen you can place one of the chairs on an angle with a small side table.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    2) you can use wallpaper in frames
  • 11 years ago
    What is the standing item between love seat & sofa? A coat tree? If so, it should be on the other side of the love seat I think. It looks like you have a table lamp sitting on the floor. Get a little end table for it or get a floor lamp. I love the wall molding application you have with the two tone pieces. Try to find either a plain area rug in a neutral color or an Oriental rug with a small design pattern. You have enough other pattern going on. Go to Houzz to look at art, check Art.com or Z Gallerie. You could also use black & white photos to enlarge & mat & frame to hang. What is on the opposing wall?
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    3) 3d wall panels (they can be colored any color you want)
    4) shelving
    5) mirrors
  • 11 years ago
    Am attaching two photos which may give some ideas - putting up a dark wallpaper or painting a portion of the back wall black/deep navy and then putting a painting or mirror may help the space feel energised. A neutral coloured rug or carpet and I do urge one green indoor plant, that does make a black and white / beige living room look so fresh and charming. The color schemes would work equally well with black or dark navy.
  • 11 years ago
    Sandra I am hanging a tv on the opposing wall with a console table. Thanks for the advice everyone I will defiantly consider all the ideas. I came across this rug what do you all think?
  • 11 years ago
    Hi, I started on your room yesterday and then didn't have time any more, but just finished two mock-ups for you. In one I painted the walls a dark grey. Art and lamp from ZGallerie and rug from Homedecorators. I'll try and photoshop the rug you found in the room if you like. Have to go again, so it will be later today.
  • 11 years ago
    Quickly copied the rug from your pic above, so it looks a bit vague in the mock-up.
  • 11 years ago
    Again homedecorators
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    For your walls, a few black and white classic fashion photographs would be a good start but keep them on the small to medium size. Not too large unless they are Real editions. Look at Cecil Beaton! Then bring in larger contemporary color photographs or two colorful prints.
  • 11 years ago
    Love the idea of a mural. also I think you need a rug there
  • 11 years ago
    Your room reminds me of a Parisian salon.... How chic!
  • 11 years ago
    Lower the chandy over the coffee table. Keep going with the stripes on that back wall, but change the direction from the vertical ones on the chair, scaling them up a bit. Change the wainscot color to a bright accent color - teal or yellow would be good.
    Christmas is near · More Info

    Water-tower project · More Info
  • 11 years ago
    Thank you so much Caroline for the photoshops def gave me a idea on the rugs!
  • 11 years ago
    You're welcome Linda. If you want me to try some other options in your room I'd be happy to.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    One of the services I provide is 'wall decor hanging' and I have seen big transformation of rooms by adding a piece of art or mirrors to naked walls
Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County