Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kellis777

Suggestion for nightstands

Kimberly
9 years ago

Please suggest nightstands for my bedroom. My bedspread is from Anthropologie, and I love the feel of how it is coming along. I would like neutral/mirrored, under $500 each. Suggestions?

Comments (23)

• Geneviève
    9 years ago

I would go with this one

Homelegance Jacqueline Mirrored Drawer Front Nightstand in Black Faux Alligator · More Info

• abbyjean
    9 years ago

Pretty with the headboard!

• PRO
    Whispar Design
    9 years ago

This one is kinda cool with a removable serving tray for breakfast in bed :)

Tamara Accent Tabel · More Info

• User
    9 years ago

Not used to new format yet.

Furniture of America Panteena Sleek 2 Drawer Nightstand - Black - IDF-7295N · More Info

• User
    9 years ago

American Drew Camden-Light Leg Nightstand in White Painted · More Info

• Darzy
    9 years ago

I think round could work too. I like the black idea too.

Modern Round Accent Table w Drawer in Black Licorice Finish · More Info

• PRO
    adalisa frazzini
    9 years ago

I would bring in another color from your duvet, like this one:

http://www.thelacquercompany.com/collections/all/hudson-nightstand-marine-blue.html

or perhaps a piece that combines color and wood to bring another natural element to compliment the duvet flowers, like this one:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/31/53/d0/3153d0a8ab34f4a8a07f31ee83b12eb5.jpg

Kimberly thanked adalisa frazzini
  • Kimberly
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I've never thought of black. My headboard is actually brown (may appear black in photos). I love the options you have posted Adalisa!! The natural ones seem more what I was going for. Now, just to find some under $500.

• Pracheeti
    9 years ago

Check out these mirrored Nightstands, will be just a little over $500

Master Bedroom · More Info

• y_ryder
    9 years ago
    How about a floating shelf that matches the colour of the headboard? Sorry - I don't have a picture.
  • sandradclark
    9 years ago

Don't buy matching ones. Just the same height.

• User
    9 years ago
    A skull above your bed???
  • Geneviève
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

About this one instead , I agree with debanger3, unless you are planing to hang your clothes on it.... No details necessary :))

Frederick Childe Hassam Nude in Sunlilt Wood - 18" x 24" Premium Archival Print · More Info

• User
    9 years ago

I saw that too, debanger, but since my daughter's in-laws have everything from deer head to stuffed turkeys in their house, I figured to each his own. But then I'm a scaredy-cat and seeing that every morning would not be a good thing for me. :D

• alsagal
    9 years ago

You have a lot going on in the room. Appears to be an olive green wall, red dresser, black screen over the dresser, orange lamp shades, brown wood bed, and floral bedspread. The windows are essentially unadorned. Instead of adding another color, I suggest you use night stands in same color as the bed. You might consider softening the look by removing the skull and adding a soft neutral curtain to the windows.

You have a lot going on in the room, adding mirrored night stands will give you another hard surface. Most people prefer a softer looking bedroom, if you don't match the dresser.

• patrinkac
    9 years ago
    From Target to Crate and Barrel and to high-end sellers I think you will find many designers visions of mirrored end tables and small chests.....
  • Kimberly
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Alsagal - everything in the room is neutral colored except for the bedspread and dresser. The lamp shades aren't orange, but are ivory. I guess the pic just makes them appear that way. The art, wall, tray on the dresser, and cow horns are also neutral. The cow horns are my favorite part of the room - they aren't going anywhere! :) I live in the south, and it may just be a southern thing. ;) Kinda like monograms and pearls. ha! I've gotten some great ideas for nightstands. Thanks so much, everyone!

• llarguello
    9 years ago

love the horns- keep them!

Kimberly thanked llarguello
  • amy_struhs
    9 years ago

Check your antique stores. I found some marble top tables with scrolled metal bottoms for 90.00 a piece.

• PRO
    adalisa frazzini
    9 years ago
    Kimberly, check out urbangreenfurniture.com. They are Brooklyn based and have wood finishes and painted finishes and could probably customize an end table for you in combo wood/painted or just painted for under $500. go to kids furniture to see paint colors and give them a call. Had a few similar to ones I posted up above that you liked !
    Kimberly thanked adalisa frazzini
  • PRO
    adalisa frazzini
    9 years ago

I also found these, which I think are pretty amazing in style and color, but also come in red. $380 free shipping

Link: Wayfair Somerton

• bugsyjr7
    9 years ago

I like the bedroom very much but feel you need to get a more contemporary bedcover or duvet. Lake a pic of your bedroom on your phone and when shopping at bedding stores show it to sales person to give you Ideas. Department stores of home furnishing store. It will lift the whole bedroom.