Software
Houzz Logo Print
diane_zn7a_albqnm_5500ft

Getting rid of soil nematodes

Dear veggie lovers:
This is my
first season growing legumes (My zone, location & altitude are in my
username), and I'm concerned about trying to plant snap peas or snow
peas in a raised garden bed that is infected with soil nematodes.These nematodes have already been able to withstand 100 F western sun exposure all afternoon, as well as 0 F in winter, presumably for 1 full year.

If I knew of some cultivars that are resistant to/unaffected by soil nematodes, I could confidently plant these. I profess my
ignorance here, as to whether soil nematodes like munching on just the
roots of sugar snap peas or Chinese snow pea pods.

If you are not familiar with growing peas in a high desert environment,
perhaps you could steer me to someone that is in my neck of the woods.
Thanks again, Diane

Comments (2)