Software
Houzz Logo Print
dkeane84

Which wall to place bed against in master?

11 years ago
We just painted our master. We are looking for advice and opinions on placement of bed. My husband likes where it is. I can see it in front of the bay window. I don't think I like how you can see the bed now from the hall. It feels less private. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!
Leave it
Go with another wall

Comments (11)

  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    I might try it on the opposite wall, if you don't like its location. It would mean you have to walk around to get to the window, but you may like it better there. Consider what will be seen instead on that focal wall - bed or dresser and what you want to have more prominent. I would save the space by the window for a small sitting area.

    Hotel Inspired Bedroom · More Info

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    It is on the wright wall. It is nice to see a beautiful bed with nice linens and cushions in front of you when you enter the room...opposite wall: it would be an obstacle in front of door.

  • 11 years ago

    I like the wall it is on, I agree when the bed is put together correctly I think it is a nice view. You can always shut the door if you need more privacy!

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Well according to Feng Shui bed should be diagonal from entrance and avoid placing it in front of the window. the current spot look like the only one matching this. here if the full article http://sandadecor.blogspot.ca/

  • 11 years ago

    The most restful secure sleep is attained when the bed is placed so that the foot of it is approached when you enter the room. I like it where it is, since your diagonal entry really prevents placing it exactly opposite the door.


  • 11 years ago

    I think it in the best place right now so leave it as it is, it is similar to mine but I have a small walk in corridor to pass the dressers before getting in to see mine. You could use a really nice foldable screen and just partially put it near door when you need too, making an indirect entrance detour. That way you can remove it when you want.

  • 11 years ago

    Leave it. It's ideal that when you enter the bedroom, the first thing you see is your bed.

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    I would leave it at least until you have the rest of your furniture and decorations in the room; dresser, chairs, bedding, window treatments, etc. It might look odd now, but once the room is put together it will look much better and if you still don't like it then, you can always move it later.

  • 11 years ago
  • PRO
    11 years ago

    I does not matter to me when designing as long as the rest of the room is balanced to make it look right. Personally, I prefer the best view from in the bed. The rest I modify to fit.