Software
Houzz Logo Print
kelly_degraff

Wall covering

11 years ago

We have a half wall that separates our stairs and our farm table. No matter what I do - I can never seem to keep this wall clean of scuff marks. It drives me crazy. I was cleaning out a closet and found these random 12x12 photo's that I had made from snapfish.com for another project that never made it off the ground and viola! How many times do the unplanned project measurements actually work out!


Though I would prefer to have all the photos in b&w or a connecting theme - I can't turn my nose up at the perfect fit and the solution to the dirty wall/scuff mark problem! This wall faces our fireplace the last pic is to give you sense of the casual feel to the room.


Comments (6)

  • 11 years ago
    It's a great solution. Since the pictures on the mantel are mixed(color and black & white) a similar makeup on the half wall is fitting. You could also wrap it with reclaimed wood for a different look.
  • 11 years ago
    I think you already have a great ideas with the pictures. another option would be just put up a plexiglass there and behind it you could put a fabric that would match your decorations or just leave the glass on the wall. it's easy to clean just with water and soupe
  • 11 years ago
    this are some ideas that are done with plexiglass
  • 11 years ago
    hope this helps. but like I said your pictures look good thus is just another idea
  • 11 years ago
    Suggestions are always appreciated! Who knows how long I'll be satisfied with this before I think of changing it! I like both the reclaimed wood and plexiglass ideas, thanks!

    I'm still just a little giddy with the whole notion that I didn't spend a penny and the pics fit perfectly and they can be wiped down and cleaned. Thanks again