Software
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_8688396

Bathroom tile dilemma

11 years ago

My 1920 house is a 1 3/4 story home. The bath/shower in the bathroom upstairs has a sloped wall (I have no idea why the pic is turned 90 degrees) as you can see below. The walls/ceiling are plaster and we are going to tile all the way up the slope over the ceiling and end it in line with the edge of the bathtub. There will be a couple of niches put in and I have chosen the accent mosaic that goes with both tile options. I'm scared that the darker tile will make it feel like I'm showering in a cave, but that the lighter tile is too 'vanilla' looking, like something my mom would pick. I'm also removing the pedestal sink that is right beside the tub and installing a small single door vanity in either white or chocolate, depending on what tile I buy. The floor of the bathroom is white ceramic octagonal tile. Not crazy about it, but there's nothing really wrong with it. I just can't definitively decide on a tile.


Comments (2)