Software
Houzz Logo Print
rosebudd83

Painting wood trim/crown molding in home??? Paint color selections!

11 years ago
last modified: 11 years ago

Hi Everyone!

My husband and I just bought our first home! Yay!

We are having a design dilemma! We want to paint the whole house before we move in and have been getting quotes from different painters. We bought a Georgian influenced style home that was custom built in 1989. The owners went on a cherry wood overhaul when they built the house. Cherry floors, cherry molding, cherry trim, cherry vanities, cherry cabinets! Everything wood is CHERRY! Problem is I wouldn't care if it was a very dark cherry but it's a red cherry. I want to decorate the home in nice neutrals: Gray, Taupe, Stone, Winter White, Silver/Gold accents. Hubby and me are considering painting all the trim/crown molding white. Yes or No? Would it ruin the home? I don't want to do something I would regret but I don't like the reddish color. Would that color even look nice with my color palette? Any Benjamin Moore suggestions for wall colors as well?

Thank you!

Link to my house photos:

http://postimg.org/gallery/psguxbw2/

Comments (3)