Software
Houzz Logo Print
nouterbud

Carolina Beach House eat-in kitchen area turned "coffee spot"

11 years ago

We decided a dining table and chairs in this little spot was just too crowded so we turned it into what I call my "coffee spot" with views of the water and within conversation-length (i made that up) of the action in the kitchen, it's the perfect spot to just sit and relax. I've received mixed reviews on the pink chairs but for $20 each and in "new vintage" condition I think they are worth the design risk, although I'm open to feedback! The project was done on a budget with most items reused, repurposed, bought at auctions or places like homegoods.

AFTER

BEFORE


Comments (4)

  • 11 years ago

    Fabulous, practical and clever use of space. Those pink chairs are funky and fun, just like the beach. Next time you are bargain shopping look for a pink cushion for the rattan bench, and possibly, a larger piece of artwork or a rug with the blues, pinks and grays in it to tie in with the chairs. Great idea.


    nouterbud thanked User
  • 11 years ago

    what a great job, so much more welcoming and those pink chairs are perfect.

    nouterbud thanked tooky58
  • 11 years ago

    Well you could add some pink hand towels inthe kitchen to bring in more pink, but I think it is perfectly perfect. Those chairs are awesome, and if I found them they would be in my real house not my vacahouse. Good job.

    nouterbud thanked Susan Davis
  • PRO
    11 years ago

    What a change!