Software
Houzz Logo Print
patti455

Cambria Quartz

11 years ago

May I ask, has anyone used Cambria Quartz "Nevern" in their kitchens? I am trying to locate pictures of how it would look with light maple cabinets and floors. The colors match very close to the stone on our fireplace and was thinking of using a subway tile back splash.

Thank you for any help you might be able to give me.


Comments (16)

  • 11 years ago

    Thanks for writing regarding your thoughts on the Nevern quartz. You mentioned it was a little too dark which surprises me, I was worried that it might be a little too light :) I am wondering if quartz is like granite and there is differences in the shades of color. Thanks again for your help

  • 11 years ago
    The process Cambria uses does cause variation between slabs, but that has to do mostly with how much of each component color you get; some might have a fair amount of dark veining while others have a more dominant pale background (for example). I was also surprised with how dark it seemed in person, but you'll notice most pictures have it paired with dark cabinets.
  • 11 years ago

    Your right, just about every picture I am seeing is with dark cabinets. Ours are light maple but I am trying to tie in the stone on our fireplace since the room run into each other and with the slight hint of gold it carries both the warm and cool colors in it.

    Its hard trying to make these two room a smooth transition but I was considering the Nevern counters with a light grey back splash. I have a whole new appreciation for interior decorators :)

  • 11 years ago

  • 11 years ago
    Here's a picture of the sample I have - the counter behind is going to be replaced, someday. :)

    I don't know your taste, so you may hate this, but have you considered a pebble tile backsplash to tile the rooms together? It could echo the shape of your fireplace stones and with the maple cabinets it would give a very peaceful, natural feeling. I've seen pictures on Houzz where this works with either dark or light counters.
  • 11 years ago

    Thank you so much for all your advise, I truly appreciate it. I was told by a designer that if I went with a pebble backsplash it would be too busy and compete with the fireplace. As you can tell I am at a loss.

  • 11 years ago
    I think it's normal to feel at a loss when considering a large project where multiple elements have to work together. When we redid our master bath there were times I was completely at my wits' end, yet I'm very happy with the result.

    Here's what I would do: create a post with pictures of the whole space and a title relating to your problem - "Backsplash to bring it all together" or something similar. There are lots of talented folks on Houzz, but a lot probably passed by this post because they didn't realize you were really working on a bigger question than just Cambria. :)
  • 11 years ago
    Post more photos showing your kitchen, subway tile you are considering, and the counter sample in your space.

    As far as backsplash, I'd pick a natural stone tile that pulls a color from both the counter & fireplace, maybe a soft grey or beige tone. This can be in a subway shape if desired.
    patti455 thanked Carol Johnson
  • 11 years ago

    Sounds very pretty Carol, thank you so much for your help!

  • 11 years ago


    My concern was that a grey counter would be too dark and that Santa Cecelia would be too yellow. So now thinking of the lightest grey I can find for counters and perhaps a white stone work backsplash with a light sage green paint color.

  • 10 years ago

    Here it is almost 8 month later and I still have not made a discussion. I thought that perhaps if I waited a little longer and Cambria Nevern being a newer design, there would be more pictures or others that may have had experience with this product. Does anyone know of a computer program where you might be able to down load a picture of you project and add various counters, back splashes and paint colors?

  • 10 years ago
    A dealer can get a 24"x24" sample for you to view. Check with your Cambria provider. Your selection looks perfect with your stone.
    patti455 thanked Carol Johnson
  • 10 years ago

    Thank you Carol for your response. My first thought was that it might be the perfect fit and tie the two rooms together but then I had a designer from a local kitchen remodeling company come in to measure and she said "absolutely not" and wanted me to go with the Santa Cecelia granite which has more of a yellowish cast. So that totally threw me off and started thinking that perhaps she was right, so I took a few months off trying thinking that since the Cambria Nevern is new, there might be more reviews and pictures. My only concern is that quartz does not have the shine that I so love like the granite does.

  • 10 years ago

    after exhausting myself in the granite warehouse, I just decided to go with the Nevern. I could not stand all the "stains" and "splotches" of wrong colors in the design, and I decided I liked the Nevern. I am searching a backsplash and want something very simple and very little if any pattern at all. My Floors will be light and my cabinets will be oyster, so the Nevern will be the contrast and hopefully the interesting part. It has a little deep burgendy within it and some it's not too light and not too dark. If anyone has suggestions for a backsplash I would welcome some ideas.

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    After months of going back and forth, I finally decided to go with the Pearl Black granite, with so much light maple in the cabinets and flooring I thought I needed to have some contrast in the room. Now I am trying to decide what to do with the backsplash and am thinking of using a cream subway tile. The old counters were a dark brown so I had some idea of what dark counters would look like.

    I never thought it would be so hard and I have a whole new respect for designers.