Software
Houzz Logo Print
papermoonandstars

Tiny studio living/dining space

11 years ago

Hey all! I'd love to hear your ideas on what to do with this space. I just moved into a 450 sq ft. studio. The floor plan is "H" shaped, so there is already some division between the kitchen and the bedroom. Off the kitchen is an area where either a living area or dining area could go. While the rest of my place is set up, I'm having the hardest time figuring out what to do and how to organize my stuff in this little room. (Please forgive the clutter - I'm trying desperately to sort thru it and donate/find homes for everything :-)

  • I need a way to "hide" that storage stuff that's in plastic bins as well as the tall fan. I may wind up trying to shove the bins into my closet but that would be a feat, lol.

  • I would like a work table for larger craft projects or to have lunch/dinner, but I don't think it would look nice to have a table taking up the whole area.

  • Right now I have two awkward bookshelves in that space. I am thinking of selling the cubby one closest to the camera. And a weird cane chair that I may donate as well... but it's kinda cool.

  • I'm trying to find ways to display little knick knacks. I have a number of random things which are cute, but have no real place to sit.

  • This area is probably 7 ft x 8 ft.

Thanks for any ideas and input! :-)

Comments (4)