Software
Houzz Logo Print
321consulting

Heart pine flooring

13 years ago
Love your Heart pine flooring and staircase. We are renovating a 125 yr old home in Chicago. We reclaimed the heart pine beams, but cannot find anyone to mill into t&g flooring. May I ask who did yours?
Thanks for any and all assistance.
Farmhouse Stair · More Info

Comments (9)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    We do this all the time for our clients. Where are you located? Joel@eutree.com
  • 13 years ago
    In Chicago, IL. I see you are in GA.
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks for your help. I have already spoke with her and she said that they were not interested in the job due to de-nailing the beams.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I can understand that. We charge $85hr to de-nail beams. Even then its usually a break even project. We ruined several blades on our resaw this week working through antique oak with hand cut nails deep inside them.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    This looks great, what type of stain/treatment was used on the timber?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    We used a clear polyurethane for the reclaimed pine.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    We mill Heart Pine tongue-and-groove flooring all day long! Six different grades! Give us a shout next time. We've milled some beautiful floors for clients in the Chicago area.
  • 12 years ago
    Could you tell me what the dimensions are for the stairs? (rise/run total square feet required?) Thanks! Karen