Software
Houzz Logo Print
smcfloss

Before and after

13 years ago
My before and after- fire surround

Comments (13)

  • 13 years ago
    Much nicer!
  • 13 years ago
    A classic beauty!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Great detailing.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Love this but makes me pout a bit - I want the white sofa! Paired with the new look - this room is gorgeous!
  • 13 years ago
    Love this transformation! Is this a wood burning fireplace or gas?
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks benel204, it's a gas log fire. We have central heating, so it's mostly for 'ambiance' :)
  • 13 years ago
    Oh, that's good to know because I want to borrow your idea for my fireplace makeover (new house we are buying). See photo of my before.
    Is your mantel custom?
  • 13 years ago
    Yes I had a cabinet maker build it around/over the old one. We just knocked out the left hand built area. I can post more photos if that helps.
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks smcfloss for any additional information. I would probably want to do a "budget" version of what you did. And not sure whether we will cover up the alcove above the fireplace (wallboard) or incorporate it into a "cabinet" unit. I'd prefer to have the all space for hanging art.
  • 13 years ago
    ps. I LOVE LOVE the wood beam accents as well with the white molding. Re the beams support beams, molding, faux?
  • 13 years ago
    They are original decor, the house is 1920/30's with a splash of Art Deco thrown in. So the moulding/shelving is throughout the house. ( can you access my ideas book?...'work in progress';... you will see it in several shots.... But I'm still uploading so more to come) its a nice feature, but difficult to work with at times! We replicated it around our kitchen area to try and blend the old and new, but kept it white to brighten the area.
  • 13 years ago
    Benel204, I look forward to seeing your progress. Please keep me up to date! Sam