Software
Houzz Logo Print
connie_ciletti

love the fireplace

13 years ago
I don't have space to put in a real fireplace, I thought of doing a gas ventless one. I have a blank wall in the family room where a fireplace could go, but no room for a chimney.....how would i get this one to work out for what I need....thank you
2001 showcase · More Info

Comments (5)

  • 13 years ago
    VENTLESS FIREBOX INSERT W/ LOGS
  • 13 years ago
    Be careful with ventless that you get a unit appropriate for the room size. Our builder put one in our library that was intended for gigantic rooms and it smelled horrible and was way too hot.
  • 13 years ago
    I can build a mantel for you
  • 12 years ago
    what area are you in that you could build a mantle? I am in Michigan
  • 12 years ago
    Personally, I'm going with an electric insert, not a ventless gas one. It's far safer because it doesn't use gas, it has a fake flame, and doesn't heat up to the touch (for most brands). Also you can enjoy a realistic looking flame WITHOUT heat, so it's great all year round.

    As for a mantel, while this one is very ornate it's not hard to built your own. It's possible to get something very similar, and with the right tools and a little experience you could easily make this yourself.