Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jedobatx9b

Siam Adenium

jedobaTX9b
8 years ago

Has anyone ever purchased from Siam Adenium? I was looking for pictures of Adeniums online, and came across a page full of amazing plants.

http://www.siamadenium.com/large-adenium-grafting.html

Comments (19)

• Kadie
    8 years ago

Those are new pictures on that site. I agree, amazing plants! Makes me want to try my hand at raising A. Somalense. Thanks for the link.

-Kadie

• addicted2plants Southern IL USA
    8 years ago

Thanks for sharing the link JedobaTX these are simply amazing! A bit pricy but I suppose you pay for the quality. Kadie I am also curious about the Somalense.

Tracy

• Marie Tran
    8 years ago

SiamAdeniums only deal with large order. I emailed them few times with no answer. I do look on their site from time to time. They are the best in the market for adenium.

Marie

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I have ordered several plants from Chris and have been very pleased. Jed, not knowing your location in TX; but there are several nursery's in Houston that sell DR's. Marie's friend has a great selection. I was there last Saturday. Durham Botanicals Facebook page has a better selection than his web page. Just pm Chris for availability. I also just purchased one DR from Top Tropical and was very pleased.

Lonnie

• Marie Tran
    8 years ago

Hi Lonnie, was you at Chaya last week? What did you get? He emailed me this morning telling me that 300 of his plants didn't pass inspection in Houston yesterday, and he had to pay another $800 for them to burn his plants. Poor man. Lonnie,.do you want to come down here? We can go to the office and ask them if we can help them for the burning job? We promise them that we will do a good job for them.....oh yes, we will.......

Marie

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    8 years ago

Marie,

Yes, I was there last Saturday 5/16, and purchased Pink Diamond, Siam Best variegated, and a noid seen in bloom. The three from Chaya are in the black pots. I also purchased several nice Crown of Thorns too. My brother purchased several others. Sorry to hear that for him. We could really burn them up Marie! LOL

• Marie Tran
    8 years ago

I bought 3 variegated DR and none of them is with me this year. Lonnie, did you lost any DR last winter?

I lost so many... when reached 30 + I stopped counting.

Marie

• jedobaTX9b
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Oh no!! 30+? Did you lose them outside?

You must really have a lot of DR.

• Marie Tran
    8 years ago

Lonnie, last winter was the first time I uproot them all. I kept them in boxes and inside for all winter. Until I took them outside.....I cried for days.....

Marie

• jedobaTX9b
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I am so sorry Marie.

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    8 years ago

Marie,

I did lose several over winter. So sorry to hear how many you lost.

• Marie Tran
    8 years ago

Click on the picture if you want to see it bigger view.

I lost about 34 plants. 3 big ones. some of them mid size and some small. The 2 pots on the right of this picture were no longer with me. The light pink was Phatumar and the one on the right had more than one different blooms. My black magic also gone.

Marie

• Kadie
    8 years ago

Gasp! How awful! Poor adeniums! Poor you!

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    8 years ago

That's a terrible lose. I lost a black swan and Phatuma pink.

• kodom087 z9a
    8 years ago

Jealous of your trip to Chaya's! I've not been adenium shopping at all this year. I lost my Black Purple, but not before I took several cuttings to root and also graft.
    Sorry to hear Chaya had to lose those plants at inspection. I should also try to find out how to get on his email list when he's getting ready to sell his stock. He's basically on the exact opposite side of Houston from me and that's a drive!

Kirk

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    8 years ago

Kirk,

He had a pretty good selection of plants from last year and new this year. He also had two different size pots this time. I picked up a very nice Pink Diamond, and variegated adenium. I also selected several Crown of Thorns for a cheap price. Seeing Marie's COT pics made me want them. So, its Marie's fault!!! LOL

Lonnie

• Lizzy N
    2 years ago

Where is Chaya’s? Anyone can share?

• Lizzy N
    2 years ago

I mean the name of the nursery?