My builder uses Houzz Pro to plan the timeline and give detailed estimates and daily updates with photos of progress, and provide invoices at pre-agreed key points in the build. This made the whole experience much more efficient and stress-free.
This morning my I. pallida 'Dalmatica' opened its first flowers. I get a kick out of pairing it with its gold and its silver variegated sports. Once there is a number of flowers open, the scent wafts through the whole garden.
Lovely grouping. Do you find the silver is less vigorous than the yellow? I have the yellow and at one time had the silver but it petered out on me. I've also seen a white striped called "Albo"; is that the same as the silver or a different variety? I've never seen the plain green.
The silver one is always the smallest of the three. The least chlorophyl, so the least vigour I guess. It needs excellent drainage, more so than the others. I have had it peter out on me more than once too :-( . They are on a kind of little hill now, with a lower area in front. All are doing very well there, so I have hopes that even the silver one will stay with me. The 'albo' would be short for 'albo marginata' or 'albo variegata'. You also see it as 'argentea marginata' or 'argentea variegata'. White or silver, all the same plant.
debbiecz3
gdinieontarioz5Original Author
Related Professionals
Mansfield Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Colorado Springs Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Cornwall Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Jonesboro Landscape Contractors · Magnolia Landscape Contractors · Middlesboro Landscape Contractors · Plymouth Landscape Contractors · Madison Landscape Contractors · Twin Falls Landscape Contractors · Pine Bluff Design-Build Firms · Ocala Design-Build Firms · Augusta Design-Build Firms · Springfield Design-Build Firms · Aurora Design-Build Firms · Cornwall Design-Build FirmsUser