Software
Houzz Logo Print
nancc14

Building these shelves

11 years ago
I love these shelves and have been mapping out plans for a 7 foot wide version for my living room. My version is pretty standard with the tv in the middle and is symmetrical, but I love the idea of the staggered shelves and varied heights. Could you share the dimensions?
My Houzz: Blood, sweat and tears into a vintage eco friend Austin home · More Info

Comments (5)

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    The shelves are 10 ft wide by 8 ft tall. Most of the shelves are 1 ft tall with the 3 large openings being 26 inches. The top shelves are about 18 inches. When we built them we didn't know what would go where except for the TV so it is nice to have the flexibility of different sized shelves.

  • 11 years ago

    I'm interested to know how long it took you and how complicated it was to construct the shelving (it's absolutely awesome, by the way). I love the aesthetic and would love to have something similar. I'm just not the handiest person around...

  • PRO
    11 years ago
    I'd say the project takes a fair amount of skill. Your local home improvement store will cut the pipe for you and maybe even the wood but getting it all set up is a little confusing. There are very detailed tutorials online and if you follow one of those and don't make too many adjustments it might make it doable. You will have to cut holes in all the wood for the pipes and screw it to the wall and floor so you will need basic tools.
  • 11 years ago

    Thank you for your thorough response! Are there any keywords I should use when looking for tutorials?

  • PRO
    11 years ago
    I think if you search industrial pipe shelving you should get some good results.