Software
Houzz Logo Print
maggaw

J&KCabinetry

11 years ago

Any reviews for secondary cabinetry in some areas of house... J & K Cabinetry?

Comments (11)

  • 11 years ago

    Poor import quality. They use buzz words to rope in those who cannot discern.

  • 11 years ago

    Made in China


  • PRO
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    For lower cost option cabinets, also consider American made stock cabinetry or look for a semi-custom cabinet that ALSO makes entry level cabinets. Many of them (ie Medallion, Shiloh) have lower priced options but they use the same finishing equipment and process for both! Like many of us pros say here on GW....the FINISH is more important than the box construction.

    I have a super low budget cabinet line (about same pricing as unfinished stock at box stores) and I prefer to upgrade to a builder grade by one of my semi-custom lines. I have MUCH less issues and MUCH happier clients in the end. If you just need a handful of cabinets, the jump in price shouldn't be that much.

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    I have seen these in person since this post and am now a dealer for J&K. They are not for everyone (just like everything else) but they fill a niche market. Like Lisa said above, they work great for a lower cost, quick jobs. Most of my clients will definitely upgrade to Medallion Silverline etc. J&J's Shaker style white paint price is the best value...there is no upcharge for paint. All of their doors are solid-center panel.

    Last month a client got on offer on his home way faster than expected. So he had to build his new home faster. We had already ordered his kitchen and master, but we were in hurry for his laundry, basement bar and basement bathrooms. We ordered J&K. I got them within two weeks and he is very happy with what he got.

  • 8 years ago
    How are the cabinets holding up?
  • PRO
    8 years ago

    In the last year we have sold a couple dozen jobs and to date, no calls with issues. And one of my clients was a super picky perfectionist....but he loves his new kitchen cabinets. In that time, I've only had to order one replacement door that had a finish flaw. And that flaw was only visible after she got her can lights installed. I have also ordered J&K cabinets in my own personal home for a built in TV area in my family room.

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    I would suggest looking into other brands getting replacements can be a pain and their finishes are not to good of quality.

  • 8 years ago
    What other brands would you suggest then?
  • 8 years ago

    I know two people who recently used J&K in a kitchen remodel and are happy with them. For us, our best quotes for semi custom came from Medallion and Bertch (we didn’t get a J&K quote). Bertch also has a stock line and the quote for that was really good, but they didn’t have a few features we wanted so if we go Bertch it will be the Kitchen Plus Line. We got a Diamond quote from pro Source (through the architect) and they started a bit high but came down to be competitive. I believe all three of those are about the same quality. We haven’t picked the line.

    If you want lower price than semi custom people see very happy with IKEA.

  • 8 years ago

    Showplace is touted as a value, semi-custom brand, but I wouldn't recommend them based on my experience. Pictures say it all. My original post/inquiry yielded many critical comments regarding the installation itself (so, this is on the cabinet dealer and not Showplace); but SP's quality control is definitely lacking. Scroll down to see my update starting November 7; and 3:22 p.m. post for photos of where we are now. Even after being sent two sets of replacements, I still have over-sprayed cabinets (that resemble mildew...it's awful), and gaps and rough edges are scattered. I'm sure they'll function fine, but it's beyond disappointing.

    Good luck with your project.

0