Software
Houzz Logo Print
suzanj

Our front entrance and garage doors need a update

11 years ago
last modified: 11 years ago

We have a 2 storey split home. Front doors and steps plus garage doors need a makeover. We are struggling with what colour to do the entry way. It's too old and outdated and want some splash did purchase new lights for the outside but now we are stuck. Suggestions please!

Comments (26)

  • 11 years ago

    Stain porch and stairs in darkest shade in the brick. Espresso? Then stain door a medium shade.

  • 11 years ago

    How about a pop of red? the garage doors you could do a darker shade of red too

    Home Exterior · More Info


  • 11 years ago

    I think a slate or blue gray to pick up off the color in the bricks.

  • 11 years ago

    I'd go with a slate/charcoal grey or BM Chelsea Grey for the walk up and garage door and either stain the doors a honey colour or paint orange or red.

  • 11 years ago

    Gloss black for front door and garage door. Slate gray for porch and step.

  • 11 years ago

    Glossy black for front and the garage doors. I would stain the porch and steps black as well. it will look sooooooooo elegant and classy!!!!!!!!!!don't forget to pain the white part above the garage door the same glossy black as the doors

    .

  • 11 years ago

    Good catch lefty47.

  • 11 years ago

    pink!!!! or yellow


  • 11 years ago

    Stargazer blue from Sherwin Williams. I have the same brick and my realtor loved my front door color.

  • 11 years ago


  • 11 years ago
    To lefty4. Oh my! Thank you so much for the catch!!! We will certainly be fixing the doors as per your suggestion. There is another set of doors inside and the right sided doors do not open. Still not certain on the Colorado we will be debating all the suggestions!
  • 11 years ago

    Don't you like this color ?

  • 11 years ago
    And whatever color you end up choosing for the garage doors (typically you want those to blend in not stand out, contrary to the entry doors), also paint the piece of siding under the arch.
  • 11 years ago

    would caution black for the porch/steps because it shows every bit of dust and dirt, just like a black car! A lighter shade chosen from the brick, and agree about wanting the garage door t blend in and have the front door stand out.

  • 11 years ago
    I took the advice I was given and here are the end results. Plus I feel safe now we bought new front doors with the hinges on proper! Thank you all so very much for your suggestions!
  • 11 years ago

    Very good!

  • 11 years ago

    love it



  • 11 years ago

    what's the stain on the steps?


  • 11 years ago
    It's behr marquee MQR-53 privileged blithe. I thought it was a slate gray
  • 11 years ago
    Linda is right about black. We had a black porch floor that required weekly damp mopping, and who has time for that?
  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    Very pretty. But don't you think the top of that curve above the garage doors should be painted the same color as the doors? Then get some bigger, nicer house numbers.


    suzanj thanked paper wheels
  • 11 years ago

    I'd put bold house numbers on the brick to the left of the garage door. Agree with painting the white part to match the rest.


    Love the blue!

    suzanj thanked acm
  • 11 years ago

    Wanted blue on the top of the doors so the jury was still out so we left them white so I'll show my hubby your suggestions we'll see about getting different numbers too

  • 11 years ago
    Painting the tops the same color as the garage doors makes sense to me.
  • 11 years ago
    My hubby said "I told you so " so he will be painting them the same color as the doors. He painted the shutters that color too when he put the new windows in