Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jenson13_gw

shark vacuum

jenson13
8 years ago

Anyone here have a shark vacuum? Am thinking of getting a new vacuum and would appreciate any info. Thanks

Comments (4)

• Lou
    8 years ago

Go for a Dyson. You can't beat good quality. It might be more expensive, but in this case, you get what you pay for.

• JoAnn_Fla
    8 years ago

I have a Dyson & a shark rocket. Good & bad about both, Shark is lighter and can get under everything but is top heavy, Dyson is very good but can't get into smaller places. For the money I would go with a Shark

• msgenie51642
    8 years ago

I also have a Shark Rotator and a Dyson. They are both new, so I can't say anything about longevity. They both have great suction but the Dyson is easier to handle. The Shark seems to have a mind of its own, but I'm very happy with them both at this point. I got the Shark for upstairs so I can easily vacuum under the beds with the power head and that works great. I have the Dyson downstairs and I find it to be much easier to push around. I think it's just what you're looking for that you have to consider. BTW, if you have a problem controlling the direction of the Shark, you can easily lift it by the canister handle to head it in the right direction. Right now, I have about $1,000.00 invested in these two vacuums, so I can't even consider another brand at this time.

• User
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

We have a newer shark and it really does clean, the suction on it is wonderful. I like that it gets the dirt up and the roller can be turned off so it's easy to clean the runners. But it's also top heavy and (for me) awkward or encumbersome to use. My husband who usually does the vacuuming, doesn't like it at all and prefers to use our old canister instead.

I wanted an upright and got this one based on the many positive reviews here (if you do a search, you'll find them) but if I had known then what I know now, I'm really not sure I would have bought it, I may have just stuck with the canister we have and saved the money. That said, I don't think it's really fair to compare it with a Dyson, because the difference in cost is quite substantial. However, when you do, there are a lot of people who have experience with both that say their cleaning capabilities (i.e. suction) are similar, which makes me think the Dyson is way over priced.

Sponsored
Prime Custom Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars43 Reviews
DC Metro's Award Winning Custom Design, Build, and Remodeling Company