Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
polecats

How can i find the gardenweb forums in the Houzz app?

Storm 7a
8 years ago
About a month ago I was able to access the various gardenweb forums i subscribed to before the merge in the Advice section within the drop-down menu on the left side but as of June that seems to have vanished completely! I dont want to have to do an entire search everytime i want to read 1 single thread or whatever.
Is there a way to bookmark the gardenweb forums i like within the Houzz app? Searching each time is redundant, tedious and inefficient, to say the very least! Any advice?
thanks!

Comments (32)

• PRO
    Cynthia Taylor-Luce
    8 years ago

I'd recommend emailing support@houzz.com with your question. They'll be helpful, I'm sure.

• avamom2012
    8 years ago

Try a different browser. Sounds like current one isn't working correctly. jmo.

• Misty Young
    8 years ago
    I guess issue is still not resolved over a month later :( that is unfortunate. This is the only reason I downloaded the app to my phone. What a waste
  • rouxb
    8 years ago

Did you try using your browser rather than the app as was suggested by avamom2012? Sometimes the app does nof provide the same functionality.

• Errant_gw
    8 years ago
    Any way to easily access the GW side from the phone app, yet?
  • drewk
    8 years ago
    Houz really messed up the garden web. The app is just sloppy.
  • Tom Damratoski
    8 years ago
    The problem with using the browser is that when you click to log in, it takes you out of the browser back to the app.....and then you can't find the darn bathroom forum from the app....and guess what, since I'm remodeling a bathroom right now, guess where I want to focus....yes in the bathroom forum!! Houzz, I love your app, but pleeeeaaaase fix this for your iOS app, it is so very easy..just have the home and garden forums as choices on the left column after clicking the Advice button!
  • arodinmiami
    8 years ago

This is a big problem! Every time i log into the browser it pushes me to the app where i cant access the gardenweb forums.

• bobsmith smith
    8 years ago

When will be app updated so that Garden Web forums are available.

• User
    8 years ago
    it's been months since the original question so I'm guessing no one's listening?
  • Rick (zone 6b, MA)
    8 years ago
    Where is the "Advice" button that people are talking about? At the opening screen of the Houzz app, I see five buttons on the bottom none of which is "Advice".
  • busyasabee
    7 years ago
    hello Houzz...are you monitoring this thread? we all Luv GardenWeb, BUT your Houzz app is NOT very gardenweb user friendly....can't find GW on the search bar,. nothing, zippo!!! I even checked under ADVISE header, where there's supposed to be an easy link to GardenWeb. Nothing, NADA....this is very frustrating!!! Hope you revise your Houzz app to make it GardenWeb user friendly!!!!
  • smileythecat
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Lower left on the design dilemma page its easy I don't know how one could miss it.

• busyasabee
    7 years ago
    smileythecat- ??? still can't find it on houzz app....I have android, but attached is view I see when I click advise column, I don't see any choices on left column.
  • smileythecat
    7 years ago

Yes its not there, I think maybe you should use a laptop or tablet, I thought I could help but alas.

• bargainhunter
    7 years ago
    I use the app on an iPad and don't have the advice button either
  • albert_135   39.17°N 119.76°W 4695ft.
    7 years ago

On the Wikipedia page for Houzz I find no mention of Gardenweb. Do they want their app to find GW?

• cevamal
    7 years ago
    seriously? the app can't be used for forums? LAME.
  • albert_135   39.17°N 119.76°W 4695ft.
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

On the Houzz.com page a mouse-over of ''stories and advice'' will produce a link to Gardenweb in a drop-down.

[That's with Edge, Chrome. Firefox. Perhaps not applicable to queries about the app.]

• cevamal
    7 years ago

I know how to get to the forums, I'm disappointed that they don't seem to be accessible through the app.

• beaniebakes
    7 years ago

Same problem. I wrote to support a few days ago, but no response. I have a new iPad. I can sign into the Houzz app but can't get to GW forums. I can log into GW forums through a browser but when I try to sign in, I get bounced to the Houzz app where I'm already signed in. The sign-ins don't seem to be connected to each other. It wasn't a problem on my old iPad. I'm not sure what to do at this point; i can't post on the GW forums unless I use a laptop (which I rarely do these days).

• Joseph Futral
    7 years ago

If you're on an iPad I suggest ditch the app and save the web page on your home screen. Compared to the web page the app is not all that, anyway.

Joe

• cevamal
    7 years ago

I'm all Android so I can only be limited assistance, but on my phone I can choose whether Houzz links open on the browser or the Houzz app. I've just told it to use the browser instead.

If iOS doesn't have an equivalent I'd recommend just uninstalling the app and using Houzz in a browser instead.

• beaniebakes
    7 years ago
    Thanks cevamal and Joseph. I'll try doing that.
  • beaniebakes
    7 years ago
    So I uninstalled the Houzz app and used the browser, and it works fine now. Thank you again.
  • bjhzz
    6 years ago

Neither the website nor the app work on Android........still!

You can't sign in using your username from the main mobile page. Instead you have to go through several menus and sub-menus to get to that option. Really?!?

As for the Gardenweb Forums, neither the mobile nor the desktop website offer an easy way to get there without hunting.

If it wasn't obvious before, it should be (abundantly) by now---Houzz is only interested in selling stuff, not in producing a useful, quality website.

In that case, if you find a product on this site that you like, go to a different site and buy it there. Why support a business that treats you with contempt?

• jmm1837
    6 years ago
    bjhzz - the Houzz app cetainly works on android. It's not as functional as the desktop version, so I sometimes use that on my tablet instead, but they both do work on my samsung tablet and phone.
  • Ken Sirr
    3 years ago

I gave up on the Houzz app. I settled with just choosing a company to help me with my condo interior design. It took a few meetings and messages but ultimately, I got the beautiful home I wanted and imagined.

• marcelina nunes
    2 years ago

Still not able to find the page with gardenweb forums, am on a computer and the page we used to see with all of the gardenweb forums cannot be found, frustrating tosay the least

• beaniebakes
    2 years ago

I google “houzz kitchen forum“ (fill in whichever topic you want) and it brings me to the page with the forums. Very annoying.

• Me 1 (zone 7b NY)
    8 months ago

Still having these issues in 2023. Did anyone figure out the app? Also lots of issues with posting questions in the app and linking with the right topics. It’s a mess.