Software
Houzz Logo Print
tending

Crisis: your vote counts! It will save a relationship :-)

11 years ago
Scenario: We are in the middle of a house repaint : decision was made to "wake-up" the 70s wooden look of this "Deck House" with a painted white ceiling. Partially through the paint job one half of the couple thinks it's hideous and painting should stop! The other half, thinks it's beautiful and airy and work should proceed without haste!

What say you?

Vote: A (keep going nice work)
Vote: B (cease and desist!) reverse if possible!

Please vote otherwise there will be a lot of slow singing and flower bringing!

It's Nuclear and only the top vote from the two choices come Monday gets to prevail!

Comments & Criticism also appreciated

Thank you!!!

Comments (25)

  • 11 years ago
    I don't like the white. Should be a warmer color to go with the other colors.
    Tim thanked dapperdannybaseball
  • 11 years ago

    I agree. The white is glaring but a creamier white would look great. Do not like all the red in the other pictures; looks dated.

    Tim thanked nmh92
  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    Thank you all - to be clear the house body is going to be repainted - and the red trim will be a soft Tan Beige kinda color - Benjamin Moore Barely Beige 1066 or OC-92 and the beams stained dark so don't let that throw you off

  • 11 years ago

    I love deck houses but this is so wrong! I would paint it dark brown or at least as dark as the trim.

  • 11 years ago
    I vote B! The white looks like cheap siding. Go dark brown or even black.
  • 11 years ago
    Did you see Jenny Garth's house remodel on HGTV? The natural wood ceilings look great with the black siding. Yours would just be the reverse.
  • 11 years ago

    Needs a creamier white.

  • 11 years ago
    I don't like the white either. Once the rest of the house is painted it will be easier to determine the best shade of cream to use or you could consider a slightly darker version of the beige you will use on the front.
    I'm not sure the ceiling should be the "focal point ".
  • 11 years ago
    Creamier white for sure, especially with the colour replacing the red.
  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    A home color should match it's environment. Keep it earthy with your color choices;)

  • 9 years ago
    We went dark after all - black, white & grays
  • 9 years ago

    That came out very pretty.

  • 9 years ago

    I like it ;)

  • 9 years ago
    Thank you all!
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    The black white and grays looks much better! Really updated your home!

  • 9 years ago

    I like it

  • 9 years ago
    Perfect! Love the finished look.
  • 9 years ago
    hate the red...white looks good but maybe a softer one would be a compromise.
  • 9 years ago
    @mfrancispalmer -I agree, see post above with the updated pictures, and yes the Red look really wasn't cutting it
  • 9 years ago
    It looks great!
  • 9 years ago
    A wider angle of the after ... it all worked out in the end - thanks for all the feedback!
  • 9 years ago
    I would've keep the white. it will reflect more light inside. Always a good idea.
  • 9 years ago
    love the end results
  • 9 years ago
    Glad you kept the white.