Software
Houzz Logo Print
angiejanes

Miele range

11 years ago
I am building a new house and plan to buy a new range. Looking at the Wolf 48" dual fuel and the Miele 48" dual fuel. Has anyone any comments which could possibly help to make this decision easier? All of the research I have done takes me back to a few reviews. I'm am looking for someone who has purchased and used them.

Comments (29)

  • 11 years ago

    I will keep you posted, we selected the Miele dual fuel range 48" for our kitchen remodel. The kitchen will be completed by the end of this month.

  • 11 years ago

    Thank you so much for responding! Please do keep me posted. I am looking forward to hearing about that steam oven.

  • 11 years ago

    I'm also interested in feedback as I'm leaning towards this one for our new build. But angiejanes--the Miele 48" range doesn't have a steam oven in it, it has the speed oven as the 2ndary oven. I WISH that there was an option with the 2ndary oven being the steam oven, but there is not.

  • 10 years ago

    Can you provide an update on your Miele? Have you ever used a wolf or viking and how would you compare? Is yours natural gas or lp? Thank you for you reply as we are days away from finalizing our selections.


  • 10 years ago
    I have no news on the Miele range yet. Still building. Anyone with information before decision time? Pros and cons appreciated.
  • 10 years ago

    We are looking at the Miele as well and would love any feedback. It looks like an amazing oven and Miele seems to have one of the best reputations.

  • 10 years ago

    Our kitchen remodel has been completed and are thrilled with our decision on the Miele 48" DF Range. We have found no cons. Not only is it look like a piece of artwork, it performs Well we have used all the features and it performs well. It has been up and running for about 3 months now. We have owned Both Viking and Wolff in the past ( only the gas gas cooktops, and prefer Mieles cooktop features ). It was a great solution for us, having many appliance features in one 48" space which left us with more storage space.

    We completed this with Miele's dishwasher and refrigerator. The dishwasher is the best storage space we have had in any dishwasher,. We replaced a Gaggenau and have previously owned Bosch.

    Happy Miele customer!

    Angie Janes thanked sah4385
  • 10 years ago

    Hi! So glad to hear you are so happy with the Miele range! I have settled on it and the Miele dishwasher as well. You have been so helpful in helping me make my decision. Your comment about the Miele refrigerator has peaked my interest.....how do you like it?

  • 10 years ago

    I'm debating the Miele 48 vs a 36 cooktop and wall ovens (brands not yet determined). Does anyone else have experience with the Miele? For those who purchased it, are you still pleased? Has anyone had experience with customer service from Miele should an issue arise?

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    We have chosen the 36" Miele dual fuel range for our kitchen reno and just been told that in order to install the range adjacent to cabinets we need to also install a "zero gap kit" on the range which will significantly reduce the BTU output of the range. The alternative is to leave a 6" gap around the range. Does anyone have any experience with the performance of the range with the "zero gap kit"?

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    We appreciate your concern jwain1. Please note
    that the gap kit will not decrease your BTU output significantly. It has
    been designed to decrease the BTU output slightly, in order to prevent any
    damage to your cabinetry with the chosen installation. This is a standard
    concern for any range installation; therefore, Miele provides you with the
    flexibility for various installation types, making sure it is not a hazard in
    your kitchen and complies with all code requirements for proper installation.

  • 10 years ago

    Thank you for this response. I understand the kit will reduce the BTUs by 20-25% on each burner (simmer burner from 12.500BTUs to 10.000 BTUs and power burners from 19.500 BTUs to 14.500 BTUs for gas and not propane) and a total BTU decrease of 40%. Can you comment on the decrease in the performance of the range with the kit installed? If we install a 48" hood over the 36" range, do we avoid the need for the kit? There seem to be a large number of Miele dual fuel ranges posted on Houzz without a 6" gap beside the upper cabinets. Can we assume that they all have the gap kit installed and are operating their ranges with the reduced BTUs?


  • 10 years ago

    I can't speak to premium ranges at all, and I can't speak to Miele cooking appliances b/c I had already bought a 36" Wolf rangetop before I met w/ our CKD, who is huge fan of Miele products. She designed the Miele section of the local PIRCH store. Nothing to do w/ cooking, but having a lot to do w/ its aftermath, we do have Miele dishwasher, which my wife totally loves. We have hard water & it has built-in water softener, & our glassware hasn't looked so good since pulled out of box years ago.

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    If you mount a 48” Miele Range Hood above a 36” Miele Range, that would be the ideal solution to not needing the additional 6" gaps.

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Bruce, thank you for the kind words about our dishwasher. We would like to hear more about your experience. Can you please private message us your contact information?

  • 10 years ago

    Miele, I'd be happy to PM my info, but I don't know how on Houzz.com. I'll post email separately, then delete after you acknowledge receipt. Here are a couple pics of our d-w. In the one showing whole sink wall, it's the open w/ door ajar for drying at end of cycle. In the straight on shot before sink wall was finished, it's one w/ horizontal handle to left of sink.



  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Thank you for sharing images. Please feel free to email your contact info to mielepr@mieleusa.com .

  • 10 years ago
    Sah4385...

    I saw your post back in January and was wondering if you had any follow up on the Miele range at this time. I know it's only 6 months, but that's better than nothing. Also, what's your cooking habits like? Every day, once a week, once a month?
  • 10 years ago

    The house is not finished. We should be in by the end of August. Will follow up then. So looking forward to my Miele range and dishwasher! We cook everyday, so these babies will get a real workout!

  • 10 years ago

    I am VERY unhappy with my Miele products and would not recommend buying a Miele. I have the latest steam ovens and they have never worked. The first set leaked all over my wood floor and they tried to fix them 3 times and then replaced them. Second set the steam STILL does not work and the finish is cracking on the inside trying to get them to replace it again. Warming drawer has been replaced once already, and the new version does not work either. They are coming to put the third one in. The microwave feature on my Speed oven just went out and they are going to be coming to fix that. I have a hard time believing this is all coincidence and I just happened to get all the lemons. Worst of all, through all this pain and agony, we have been basically ignored. Were we not the squeaky wheel, they would have ignored us. Don't buy Miele.

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Sorry to hear! Can you please send us a private message with your contact info? We'd like to look into this matter.

  • 10 years ago

    Here's a post I made on another thread, "2016 Miele vs Wolf Steam Oven/Wall Oven" a little while ago:

    I'm thinking Lois' experience is an unfortunate rarity. Miele has by far
    the best reliability record in the industry. The avg. failure rate for a
    new appliance is abt. 20% & theirs is <5%. Our CKD recommends
    Miele often in her projects. She wouldn't if prior clients were having
    Lois' experience. She also did the Miele display in a Pirch store, which
    is probably the result of having done so many projects using Miele. We
    don't have any Miele cooking appliances, but we do have a 1+-y.o. Miele
    d/w. My wife absolutely loves it & we've had zero.zero problems w/
    it.

  • 10 years ago
    Co4@thehartigans.net. I would LOVE to be able to sing Miele praises. I just am currently in the middle of the Bermuda Triangle of Miele products.
  • 10 years ago

    Am posting again. I have the the 48" dual fuel range, dishwasher and refrigerator. And love them all. I have had them since October 2015 and still very happy. I am sorry to hear others have had issues.

    Happy Customer




  • 10 years ago
    Update, they came out today and fixed the microwave. It seems it was a safety feature that somehow was set off perhaps due to jarring or something. Quick fix, back in business. I do hope they can fix my steam ovens.
  • 10 years ago
    Picture of the ovens...
  • 10 years ago
    Speed oven...
  • 10 years ago

    Lois, glad to hear you've had some results...We have a new Speed Oven but haven't used it yet as we're still studying the manual! We're curious though, does anyone use the recommended 'boiling stick' regularly to prevent liquids from overheating and possibly exploding upon removal from the microwave function? We've recently been made aware that heating liquids in ANY microwave creates the potential of this reaction but up to now we've never known about this issue nor had any problems when heating water/liquids in past microwaves. Any thoughts on the necessity or importance of using the extra stick with liquids would be appreciated!

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations