Software
Houzz Logo Print
moxiemom

Making bedroom ready to sell-moving on to bedroom

11 years ago
This is the master. Overall, I'm pleased with it. Removed clutter, but wonder if it too stark. What should I do.

Comments (27)

  • 11 years ago
    Other views. Had an incompetent builder who made window treatments a headache. Note the uneven window/door levels.
  • 11 years ago

    Nice! It is subdued but restful and attractive. Only one thought--maybe something a bit bigger over the bed. The little wreath looks a bit lost, but it certainly wouldn't be a deal breaker. Is the lanai outside enclosed? Is there a pool there?

  • 11 years ago

    Also, beautiful bedspread!

  • 11 years ago

    Nice room, very spacious with good windows and doors. Paint the walls the same off white as the kitchen (we hope). Remove hat boxes- they'd make good display props in the walk in closet once that looks only two-thirds full. Remove wreath and dry arrangement on dresser. Put away the family photo. Consider hanging a mirror over the dresser if you have one put away somewhere.

  • 11 years ago
    Maybe a large piece of art above the bed. Remove the wreath and dried flowers on dresser. You could just prop up a mirror on the dresser for the open house. Looks nice and clean. Pretty bed.
    Moxiemom thanked User
  • 11 years ago
    No, a covered pergola. Like the butterfly that I caught in the picture with the hot tub??
  • 11 years ago
    Don't have a mirror to use. Even one lone picture? Ok
  • 11 years ago
    My little retreat
  • 11 years ago
    My little retreat
  • 11 years ago
    I love this color. It's a subdued grayish green.
  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    I like it, too, and it's right in style. Here is a link to the 'new' colors for 2015, and your paint is in the range of the Antique Jade color.

    http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/for-your-home/benjamin-moore-color-trends-2015?utm_source=eblast&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=trends15_consumer_us&sp_rid=NDYyMzk4Njg4MjcS1&sp_mid=47337216

  • 11 years ago

    Your bedroom is lovely. I like the paint color, its very in tune with the beautiful nature right outside your French doors. I agree with removing the dried wreath above the bed. Its too small and you don't need anything there. I would also remove the dried arrangement from the dresser, you could possibly replace it with a big glass vase and very long branches or flower stems - similar to what Joanna Gaines does in the show Fixer Upper.

  • 11 years ago

    I am with papillon2 on both counts. Consider some larger pieces on the headboard wall, to accentuate that lovely height, lifting the wall piece by the wicker chair by enough to clear the top, and angling the chair out for the photos. Pretty room, sweet dog. :)

    Moxiemom thanked studio10001
  • 11 years ago

    What a LOVELY bedroom. I want to buy this house! Every picture you have shown looks great. A few very minor tweaks and you are there. I agree that the wreath over the bed is too small. I also think you can leave the family picture on the dresser. I have looked at staged homes and model homes that include family pictures in the bedroom, even if no family lives in the house. Do not paint this room (I also don't think it is worth painting your kitchen, but that is up to you and your realtor).

  • 11 years ago
    I think I'm done here then. Thanks
  • 11 years ago
    Love love wood color and walls ..something about the lamps - shape good - maybe need beefier to stand up to the great design
  • 11 years ago
    Thanks Marg. I agree completely about the lamps. As much as I like them I think I need something more round at the base that looks more substantial. Ill keep my eye out at TJ Maxx for something that's a good price!
  • 11 years ago
    I thought with your Frames these would add interest ...You have me looking at lamps on line ..lamps plus of all places has very interesting lamps for $99...!
  • 11 years ago
    I agree! For another room I bought some very similar to that. Tried them out in the bedroom room first. Problem is, I'd rather not BUY since we are downsizing. We will only need half of our stuff. Thank you so much for your help. I'm staging by hiding stuff and removing things. And you know what? I'm getting into this non clutter life!!!!have a great day marg!
  • 11 years ago
    Moxie, that room looks great! I sort of think the room would look better without anything over the bed than it does with the little wreath. Agree with others about removing dried arrangement. Other than that, I think this room is tasteful and ready to show!
  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Hey there. I have a blog post that may help you out.

    http://timothyriversinteriors.com/2014/12/24/masterbedroomdesignideas/

    Happy Designing!

  • PRO
    11 years ago
    I'd suggest moving the framed art from behind the night stands and put them above the bed...easy and free!
  • 10 years ago

    I would suggest you find a very large mirror and frame it in silver (even silver paint on a wood frame) to harmonize with the smaller picture frame on each side. If you believe the room needs more definition, install some horizontal trim above the bed and have it go from corner to corner across the room, accenting the triangular shape of the wall above the trim. The wreath might look good above the dresser, but add another silver-framed mirror above the dresser to balance everything.

  • 10 years ago
    Sounds like my builder...our house settled like wizard of oz house! Built on a hill ..i was do busy with moving, kids job I didn't notice all the defects till a decade later. I'm sure my witchy SIL did though.
  • 10 years ago
    Curse you auto correct ..I wrote picky SIL! Not witchy!
  • 10 years ago
    That's funny Marge! However, it wasn't a matter of settling. For some unknown reason he simply placed the window an inch higher than the doorframe. Since the door has to open there's no way I can dress the windows without them being uneven.