Software
Houzz Logo Print
bjw1958

HATE my new patio

11 years ago
What can I do with my new concrete patio? We tore patio out and builder poured a new one that looks as bad as old one. They left expansion boards in concrete but the patio is small enough it didn't need them. The boards are about 2-8 feet apart and concrete doesn't come flush with boards causing dirt to accumulate in crevasse. Boards stick up causing tripping hazard. They poured a drain in middle of patio and when they removed the wood form it damaged the concrete. And he made it too smooth for being located next to pool. Now slipping hazard when water gets on it. Contractor built house and patio by the hour so he's out of question to repair. Can I tile over this mess? If so what kind of tile would be best and will the time and mortar freeze and crack. I live in Arkansas, winters can get below zero.

Comments (6)