Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scottfam125

Love Mr Abraham Darby

Hi you guys. I planted 4 A Darbys at the legs of my new gazebo this spring. I loooove this rose. It reblooms soooo fast. Love the diff shades of pink and peach!

Thanks for looking! Judy

Comments (19)

• bethnorcal9
    8 years ago

Gorgeous!

• Matthew Gandin
    8 years ago

Beautiful!

• Sara-Ann Z6B OK
    8 years ago

I'd love it too Judy! Gorgeous!

• aprilscott12
    8 years ago

I love Abe toooooo! He's a gorgeous rose! Pretty pretty!

• BethC in 8a Forney, TX
    8 years ago

Very pretty! I imagine you gazebo will be an eye catching attraction!

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Isn't he a dream?!? Thanks for your sweet comments everyone!!

• User
    8 years ago

The fragrance from four should fill the entire yard! I have one and luckily planted it outside the bedroom window. What a delightful surprise.

• boncrow66
    8 years ago

That is beautiful! I need to try Abe next spring.

• rosecanadian
    8 years ago

I just couldn't get Abe to grow well in a pot. He hung every branch and sulked and sulked.

But yours looks amazing!!!! Wish I could grow it like that!! Mine is long gone.

Wonderful!

Carol

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Oh Carol my Abes have quite a few weak necks but i'm hoping to train a few canes up the legs of my gazebo and keep some down at the bottom to hang to have blooms there too. Not sure how I'm going to handle the bushes bc they are huge. Just a work in progress.

Yes bon crow you definitely need to try one. Its a fast repeat and smells divine and looks beautiful in shades of pink and peach.

Oooooh irisgal I bet it smells beautiful with your window open on a nice breezy day.

Thanks again y'all!

• suncoastflowers
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

It's beautiful now but it will be so romantic and just stunning covering your arbor. I look forward to seeing pictures.

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    8 years ago

Yours are beautiful, and so is the rest of the garden, from what I can see in the background. I imagine you have abundant rain and I think that is the biggest factor in having lush, colorful roses.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thanks ut2nc! I can't wait to see it all in bloom next year. Romantic sounds great to me.

Thanks to you too Ingrid. I soooo agree about the water. Someone on here last year said water makes a world of difference and I do believe that. We had a very dry summer but tons of rain the last month or so.

Thanks again everyone! Judy

• teka2rjleffel
    8 years ago

Judy, this rose sometimes looks apricot, sometimes pink. Is it the stage of growth, the light, the temperature or what? Is it usually more one color than the other? Also how big does he get in GA? Lovely pics. and roses.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Don't cha know it boxo! Love it!!

Hey teka, I'm thinking it does seem to start out more pink and some turn apricot and others stay pink but I think its more pink than apricot. Its absolutely gorgeous in every stage but they are turning out to be monsters. I've got to figure out how to train it up my gazebo legs and still look graceful. It does have some nodding blooms but just as many if not more not nodding. I'm not sure how big it will get but right now these that i've had since April are a good five feet wide and some canes i'be let go so I can start training some up the gazebo legs. Once you move to Athens you have got to check out McCorkles Plant Sale. Its in Dearing Ga and they have two huge plant sales open to the public and you can get some awesome deals. Since you will bill be starting from scratch its a great place to help save some moolah. Its always fathers day weekend and a weekend in September.

• teka2rjleffel
    8 years ago

How is Abe, disease wise?

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Mine has been pretty disease free but I do spray just not consistently.

• teka2rjleffel
    8 years ago

Thank you.