Software
Houzz Logo Print
anahieborde

What color shall we pick ?

13 years ago
last modified: 13 years ago
Need help to decide the color of our future front door.
I think we are going to buy this front door, but we would like a different color.
All the windows are black and the wood panel is in a warm grey with silver sparks in it.
Bricks are antique red.

Thank you.

Comments (27)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Is this new construction? It's really great looking? I want to help but I can't figure out if you meant to post a photo of the door that you are considering and what wood panel are you referring to?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Here is the door
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Sorry could not up lode the door, but here it is. The wood panels is on the right side. The whole house is a mix with bricks and wood panel.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Thank you, it´s new.
  • 13 years ago
    I think it would look nice in a light grey
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    You have done a great job! Here is my concern and question-- what is the height from the ground to the bottom of the windows that are to the side of the front door? The door windows are so similar that they may look strange if they do not line up. There definitely is a way to have a door with windows but the horizontals need to work with those in the side windows. I agree with black for this door or a solid door or even a door like the one to the side but a really rustic wooden door would also fit the vibe. It reminds me of a historical brick carriage house (with an addition).
  • 13 years ago
    Black or if the bits of dark on the brick are a green, a deep dark almost black green with the undertone of the brick (i.e., to the yellow not to the blue) might work.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Humm, good point I will check.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    I didn't write it but you see that the pane height on the door should match the pane size in the windows as well as line up.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Here is another typ of door
  • 13 years ago
    Farrow and ball 'Railing' is a dark grey that is almost Black. It's smart, less harsh than black and it will best a good contrast to the rustic red brick.
  • 13 years ago
    Color- GRIZZLY BEAR- Benjamin Moore
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Prefer the solid doors and agree with Louise about Railing.
  • 13 years ago
    I prefer a solid door but what is on the other side? does it need light? Keep the door simple, less window pains the better. if you have to have glass.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Their will be glass on the sides and on the top all this in black.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Can we see a rendering with the side windows as well?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    We don´t have a drawing of that.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    I think this is fairly close. Find the quick sketch below --

    I have to say that I don't love the glass around the door. Your house looks so convincingly historical and this approach to the doors would not be historically correct. I love this house and I rarely see new construction that I like. The scale and proportion are so lovely and unpretentious.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    My favorite for your front door color is Porter Paints "Jungle Green". So dark it is almost black, but the green shows in the right light. Are you painting the rest of the trim white? I see that the windows are black...what about the rake board, the trim at the roof?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Another quick sketch -- perhaps widen the doors to nearly the width of the opening and create a grid design with the top two rows as windows. See carriage house inspiration photograph.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Lighting at the sides of the door would be lovely.

    http://www.urbanelectricco.com/#/Collection/By_Category/Wet_Rated/
  • 13 years ago
    I agree with Ironwood Bldrs and to go with a Dark, dark green. It will work well with your window color but adds a touch of green which is the complimentary color to the red in the brick
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Thanks you all!
    Our problem is that we need day light in the entrance. One window in the guest toilet and the other in the mud room.
    Our roof trim has the same color as the wooden panel.
    Osmo Natural oil wood-stain - Agate Silver.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    JP W Thanks for the link.
    Only problem is that I live in Scandinavia, don´t think I can get them over here.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I do believe that they will wire for Europe. Just want to add that I love Osmo. It is a phenomenal product!
  • 13 years ago
    Emerald green! With some brass hardware.