Software
Houzz Logo Print
tschissel

Need Help with Exterior Panel Siding Application and Seams

11 years ago

I am looking to use the James Hardie Smooth Panel siding on portions of my home for exterior use. The idea is to create a modern look combines with some brick and traditional lap siding. My question is how to correctly apply the paneling? I've read it needs to be applied on a rain screen but I'm not sure I completely understand that concept. And secondly, how to handle the seams both horizontal and vertical? I have read you can simply caulk the seams or use an 'H' channel, a 'Z' channel, or simply sheeting? Again, we are looking for a bit of a modern look so accentuating the seams and creating some lines with them is a considered design element. The 3rd photo is an example of the design application we are looking for....granted our simple ranch is not near as appealing as the example. Thanks in advance for any and all help! Todd todd.schissel@gmail.com



Huntington · More Info