xman_gw

Parwal plants

xman
September 13, 2015

Hi,

Here are some pictures of my Parwal plants from this year. They have survived the Texas winters for the last 3 years.

xman

• apatel31

hi

can i have cutting of Parwal and Kantola.

• journey_in_silence

Parwal looks great..Did you grow from the seeds? From where did you get the seeds? What's the best time to put the seeds into ground/container?

• xman

Journey_in_silence,

I grew these from seeds. Please refer to my post http://forums.gardenweb.com/discussions/1728413/parwal-how-to-tell-if-male-or-female

that details how to grow Parwal from seeds. In fact the 3 plants that you see in that post are what has multiplied over the years.

Parwal plants are male and female, and there is no way to tell them apart.

xman

• journey_in_silence

Thank you so much, xman for your response and the link. I read the link. Can I suggest you to make a video and upload on youtube for the detailed instructions you gave ? That will be very useful to many.. I tried searching vidoe after your reply - found a very little information.. In one of the vidoes they said, there are more MALE plants when you grow from seeds and so the best way to propogate parwal is through cutting or planing roots of the already grown female plants. Since you have made such a great progress in cultivating this plant, please think about propagating it further among the community. Again, thanks a ton for all your efforts.

• xman

journey_in_silence,

Thank you for your comments.

I did notice that there are more males than females when grown from seed. Last year I let a vine run on the ground and every 8 inches I buried part of vine (a node) in the soil. So this year, all those became new plants. One thing I noticed was that Parwal hate to be moved, sometime I have moved a plant from one location to another, and they hate it, usually dies down and only comes back the next year. But they are very hardy, and take a look at this video, it appears that they can be stored like bulbs and planted in spring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Qt_E0110E4

They are easy to root in water, I threw about 20 cuttings into my pond, and in 2 weeks all of them have a lot of roots. Yesterday, I potted them in soil, let us see if they take. Its still a 100 degrees in TX, so I am not sure if they will make it. But currently I am travelling a lot, so do not have the time to take more care.

regards,

xman

• namahc

Hi xman:

I would like to have a male and a female Parwal plant.I have Coccinia Grandis for exchange.

Thanks

chaman

• namahc

Hi Xman

My email address is chimanlalm.patel@gmail.com.

Thanks

• Jey Chidam

hi xman, I live in Dallas TX and would love parval cutting if you'd trade it in for snake gourd plant. I am a newbie to TX and just started my garden this year. Thanks!

• dkv21

Hi Xman,

. I live in Dallas. I would like to get stem of parval plant. Do you bring the plant indoor during winter?

Thanks,

DKV

• xman

Currently all the stems are dead, as we have had a few freezes in TX. The plants grow back from the roots in Spring.

DKV,

No, I do not bring the plants in during winter, the plants are planted in the ground, and the roots survive the winter. The plant dies down to the roots in Winter and comes back in Spring.

xman

• dkv21

Thanks xman for your reply. Do you also have plants of kantola and timdora.

Thanks,

dkv

• namahc

Hi xman.

I would like to have some Parwal plants.I have Tindora plants for exchange.

Thanks

• dkv21

I have seeds for Karela, Okra, Turia, pafdi, gavar etc that I can share. I need plant or plant cuttings for Parval, Tindora and Kantola.

If anyone in Dallas area has it then I can come n pick it or pay for shipping.

Thanks,

DKV

• kheya_grape

Hi xman, could I buy some parval roots from you?

• Jey Chidam

hi namahc, are you selling tindora cuttings? I'd be willing to buy one. Thanks

• dkv21

I would like to buy tindora and parwal plants.

• kheya_grape

Everybody wants to buy but I am looking who wants to sell parwal plant?

• namahc

Jayashree:

Go to ebay.com to buy Tindora roots.

• namahc

dkv21:

Go to ebay.com to buy Tindora roots.

• kheya_grape

Tindora and parwal not the same.On ebay tindora roots sold out. Thanks

• patelsangitamd

Hi , I am from Wisconsin and visiting Dallas April 30th I would appreciate if someone offers to give or sell some nodes/ stems so i can plant it. pls call 920 231 8787Thanks

• namahc

kheya_grape, there will be few more Tindora Roots available on ebay.com by tomorrow

• namahc

patelsangitamd, there will be few Tindora Roots available on ebay.com by tomorrow.

• kheya_grape

Today I bought tindora roots from ebay but I am still looking parwal (pointed gourd)plants.Thank you namahc.

• fruits_veggies

Hi Jeyashree, I live in Dallas, I couldn't send a message to you, could you send a message to me, thanks.

• fizasheen59

Hello xman(7/8) I live in Arlington Texas. I grow parwal plant a lot but only get male. I saw you have a female parwal plant. Can I please have a female stem?

• sbbs99

Hi Xman. I tried various seeds but failed germination. I am in CA. Can you share few male/female cuttings with me? In exchange I have several exotic mangoes and cherimoya cuttings that I can share. my email is infofiles@gmail.com, I will pay for shipping and also for cuttings if you like. Thanks

• foodforestfarm

Hello Xman. I've done a lot of research on Parwal. You seem to be one of the few in North America that has this plant and grown it to fruit successfully. Are you still willing to share root or stem cuttings? I have lots of rare seeds and plants to trade. Please be in touch with me foodforestfarm at gmail.com. Thanks

• Da Desai

Can I please have a cutting of Parwal & Tidora plants. Will pay.

• Da Desai

I am in Tx.

• Bala Murali

I am interested in getting Tindora & Paraval cuttings. Anyone has them?

• ghoshivi

Hi I am interesting for parval plants . Do you sell some for me plz .

• pat183935

HI, I live in tampa Florida love to get some roots or cuttings will gladly pay for it. Thanks

My email is . Pat1839@gmail.com

• ukrishna100

I live in s. Florida and will be happy to pay for parwal cuttings/ tuber. ukrishna100@gmail.com. I also have high-yiellding (pod) pkm1 moringa seeds to offer in exchange if interested.

• Sunny Patel

Hi Friends ...I have seeds for Karela, Okra, Turia, gavar, Tulsi,long bengan, etc that I can share. I need plant or plant cuttings for Parval, Tindora and Kantola.pay for it and shipping too. PLEASE....

• apatel31

i do have Tindora (cuttings) and Kantola (bulb) but can't give you now (i already planted them in garden)...remind me in fall so when i am taking out from my garden i can ship it to you....please contact me via email apatel@medline.com.....i am still looking for parwal cutting.

• divya suseela

Hello ,I am willing to pay for Kantola and Parwal stem cuttings.Seeds also I will buy.Will also pay for shipping.I have seeds for exchange.Please help

• kishor

Hi, do you have any cuttings of parwal vines? Thanks