Software
Houzz Logo Print
mlsbwc

Any problem turning on the shower without getting wet?

11 years ago
We're building a new master bath with a similar shower. The size is 52x52 with 42" high half walls and a 26" door. Our designer wants the shower control valve placed on the inside of the half wall by the door, so we can turn on the shower without getting in until it's the right temperature. Our contractor and plumber said it could be done, but involves more piping and the controls would be placed lower than normal, which might feel awkward if we're reaching down for them on the wall. Did it work out alright for your clients to step into the shower to turn it on? We welcome suggestions. Thanks.
Vintage Bathroom · More Info

Comments (2)

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    As we are not the homeowners, we can't speak to the daily usage of the shower. It's important that you find a solution that makes you comfortable for your shower and both your designer and contractor pose valid points. I do not believe that our clients have had problems with using their shower, but as is the case for most custom applications, it's important that you are happy with the final outcome. Best of luck in your renovation.

  • 8 years ago

    I have this problem in ever bathroom. None of them allow to open the door and reach in to turn the knob. The only resolution has been a hand held in which I point it away from the door so I can go turn it on and then come back in without getting drenched in cold water. I highly advise not to use this type of design. I would love to hear other solutions.