Software
Houzz Logo Print
aalexsmith

Need suggestions on flooring

10 years ago

I currently have light colored carpet throughout my house with vinyl flooring in the kitchen and bathrooms. Builders grade stuff. I'm ready to pull it all up and put a wood-type flooring in. I've looked into hardwoods, laminate, and wood style tile. Considering my entire downstairs is all high traffic and I have 3 young (and destructive) children, I was leaning toward the tile for durability and easier maintenance. My only real hang up with that is what do I do with the stairs? They are currently carpeted also. Would it make sense to tile the stairs? Should I find a matching wood or laminate to go in that area? Should I nix the whole tile idea altogether and just go with wood or laminate instead? I feel like I'm just sitting on the fence here, not really sure what direction to go.

Comments (3)