Software
Houzz Logo Print
esparza831

Need more Life

10 years ago
I am struggling with this little area, I was thinking of painting wall and brighten it up so it stops looking simple and dead. Any ideas?

Comments (16)

  • PRO
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Good start...new table and lumbar pillows.

    Asian Coffee Table Sets · More Info
    Modern Ikat Pool Lumbar Pillow Set · More Info

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    I think some light is needed. How about this lamp above those great barrel tables JudyG selected.

    Contemporary Family Room · More Info

  • 10 years ago

    Is this area used?

  • 10 years ago
    I would go with an art piece that has more contrast and add pops of white.
  • 10 years ago
    @Tems this area is not being used
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    I would add some color, love the pillows posted by Judy G. Art work with color also and maybe an interesting lamp.

  • 10 years ago
    Too much yellow.
    How bout an area rug?
    Paint the walls, hand a new picture
    Any one of these ideas should help
  • 10 years ago

    I love your cool looking accent chairs, they look really sleek and beautiful. If you are looking to add some life into this vignette, creating a bit of contrast will do the trick. I would suggest repainting the wall to get rid of too much of the same yellow-based beige. It looks like the room to the right of the picture is Greige. Perhaps painting this area in the same greige color? I don't know what the entire space looks like by just looking at this picture, but I'm looking and your chairs and print and a nice chocolate brown on an accent wall might work here as well. Happy decorating and I hope you get lots of good ideas in this thread. Enjoy!

  • 10 years ago

    If its not used would it be terrible to remove the seating function altogether? Just add a more colorful artwork that takes up wall space.

  • 10 years ago

    Can you post another picture of the space? You might be able to reposition the chairs for a bigger impact.

  • 10 years ago
    Here is another picture of the space. It's upstairs hallway
  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    If you didn't like the art, it wouldn't be hanging on your wall so prominently and the chairs look to be in great shape.

    Adding pillows will add visual clutter and don't actually appear to be needed for these chairs. This appears to be a waiting area so lumbar pillows would likely end up being tossed aside or under the chairs, so keeping them clean could be a problem.

    While adding a lamp with a shade that stops below the art could be a plus, it could, if large, also have the opposite effect and detract from the art that is the focal point of the space.

    If you're considering painting the wall, consider a pale or muted sage green -- a bit of a visual jungle feel for your cat. You could paint only this one wall from the door to the right edge as an accent wall rather than the entire room.

  • 10 years ago

    You could change the seating for a console table, table lighting with artwork or mirror on top.

  • 10 years ago
    I think I see too much of the same color. A contrast color would be good. Also, do u like iron deco art things? You could try that
  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    After looking at the other picture, I take back my suggestion of an accent wall. But is it possible to move the tiger picture to another spot and one on this wall with less yellow just to add a bit of a contrast to this vignette?