Software
Houzz Logo Print
merrilyrow

1947 Kitchen Floor Help

10 years ago

I have a very functional galley kitchen, with horrible vinyl flooring from the 80's which needs to be replaced. What material?

I'm doing a "Tuxedo Kitchen" by painting the existing upper cabinets antique white and the lower cabinets dark gray, painting the walls white, hanging a vintage capiz orb over the sink. I'm keeping the countertops - speckled almond Corian - and the tile - almond squares with a slightly darker pencil detail - and sink - almond Kohler - because while they are very 80s, they are also in perfect shape and work as neutrals and with my paints. My appliances are brushed stainless.

My kitchen floor extends into the laundry room leading to the back door, and a tiny half bath. The kitchen floor can be seen from the family room, the dining room and the living room. All those other rooms have original, lovely oak floors with sisal and wool rugs.

The kitchen floor transitions to the hardwood in two places, so the materials need to complement one another.

Ideas? And yes, money is an object.

Thanks.