Software
Houzz Logo Print
lori_dornbrockmazzocco

Help please

10 years ago
My husband bought huge furniture and I can't change that. the flower chair and the tv stand can go if that helps as long as I find an alternative for the receiver and Cd/DVD player. I need suggestions on rug and pretty much everything else. I do love the curtains and want to keep them.

Comments (89)

  • 10 years ago
    Take them down and see how it feels. Seems it might open it up a bit. I don't know that you'd even need anything in their place
  • 10 years ago
    I think I want something like these but I would need 3 or 1 big long one. Can I put art like that above that sideboard? I took these out of a different room. The tins are down now and the wall seems bigger. I will leave it empty like you said.
  • 10 years ago
    I like them but I don't think they are the right scale and size above that console. Maybe with 3 but even still I think you need something with more height
  • 10 years ago

    The rug looks good except you need to turn it. What size is it? Let me see what I can do with the paintings.

  • 10 years ago
    Maggys111 where did you find that 1st table?
  • 10 years ago
    The rug said 8 X 10 at the store but it's more like 7'2 X 9'8
  • 10 years ago
    First one is Pottery Barn. But try overstock if PB is too expensive.
  • 10 years ago


    I tried, but just don't think they will work. The cabinet is pretty large and you need something over it to balance.

  • 10 years ago


    $217 at o.com


    $225 at o.com

  • 10 years ago

    Don't worry about the TV cabinet now. Save it for last.

    How long is the cabinet we are trying to find something to put over?

  • 10 years ago

    Lori, found that first table on overstock.

  • 10 years ago
    Susan 71 inches and from the top of it to the bottom of the cold air return is 34.
  • 10 years ago
    Hi Lori, I like the rug but wish it were bigger. The two paintings are very nice in this room; maybe not in that spot but certainly somewhere as they add a spark in a room that could use some pattern and color! I think that is why I like the lamps. Can't quite see the shade with the bright light. It helps to take your lamp with you when shopping for shades, so hard to guesstimate on size! The round coffee tables posted above look great!
  • 10 years ago
    Amber how much is that one? I think tomorrow is best friends day if you want to buy it for me lol
  • 10 years ago
    You might want to try the paintings were the ceiling tiles were.
  • 10 years ago

    Its was 420ish i think. Might have to wait for it to go on sale...i'll look on overstock.

    If you get the table, what do I get?!?

  • 10 years ago

    They have one that you picked in round...



  • 10 years ago
    Amber I will give you Bill lol well maybe just for a weekend. I looked at like 1200 tables and didn't see it can you text me the link.
  • 10 years ago

    Lori, try those 2 prints over the chair. That wall needs them.

  • 10 years ago

    How about this?

  • 10 years ago

    Definitely go with the owl! ;)~


  • 10 years ago
    Can you sit the side board on its end and move it to where the tv is now...then move the tv and cabinet where the sideboard was
  • 10 years ago


    Better size

  • 10 years ago
    Susan I can't do animals because I make fun of Amber for having an animal obsession. I think she might even have this one. BUT do you think I can get away with a square picture? I was thinking the rectangle like that city one just a little bolder? Amber maybe you can bring that big cow one you have over so we can see how it looks that way I won't have to buy and return?
  • 10 years ago

  • 10 years ago

    Susan, can we get away with this guy??

  • 10 years ago
    That cow us hung too high!
  • 10 years ago
    I like the square shape Susan posted above the console. It's perfect proportions to me
  • 10 years ago
    Brandi it don't fit on that wall and I can't turn it on its side because it has legs but that would have been perfect if it didn't
  • 10 years ago
    Those flowers looked so cute over the sideboard. Can you pair them with the tiles and put all four over the sideboard, like two over two?
  • 10 years ago

    I had a cow from Pier 1 I was going to send along but it was only 35" and I was pushing it with the owl (which I think is adorable) That one doesn't look much bigger.

    The tree square painting is a great size but I happen to really like the city skyline painting also. They do make it in a bolder blue, but not sure if that will go with your décor. The art can be square or rectangle as long as it is wide enough to fill the back wall space behind cabinet.

  • 10 years ago

    Pier 1 used to have some great animal paintings, but they have quit doing so many, they had a great lion one that I loved and a bigger one of a horse running that I loved, No longer available.

  • 10 years ago


  • 10 years ago
    New shades, the harps are changed to the smallest ones that fit and the shade is also smaller. What do you think?
  • 10 years ago
    Where does the light fall when you sit in the chair? It looks like it would shine in Your eyes.
  • 10 years ago
    I think I like the longer shape of the original ones. Would they fit with the shorter harp?
  • 10 years ago
    You'll probably hate me but the curtains IMHO don't work. The color seems to stark against all of those lovely warm colors. You can still stay light colored but find something a little warmer than white and beige. A pale yellow maybe...
  • 10 years ago
    I like this shape shade so much better. The shade could stand to be a bit bigger for the height of the lamp, but it looks more up to date now.
  • 10 years ago

    You need to do the "sit test". The shade is not long enough. Better, but keep looking

  • 10 years ago
    I agree Susan:)
  • 10 years ago
    Your almost there
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Hi Lori,

    For the rug I would suggest a wool sisal look in a similar colour to the walls with possibly a coordinating designer binding. You could have it custom made so the size is up to you. This way you would be adding texture without the addition of adding anymore pattern to the room. A good way to decide the rug size is to lay it out with painters tape on the floor.

  • 10 years ago
    Ok, I really like how the two paintings look over the large console. You can enhance their presence by painting a large rectangle a contrasting color and then creating a frame around this field of color. Tried to do a very crude mock up and hope you get the idea; but the colors of these paintings are very pleasing with that piece.
  • 10 years ago
    I took the shades back and am returning the middle curtains and rug tomorrow. I have an idea.......
  • 10 years ago

    So you are going to keep us in suspense until tomorrow?

  • 10 years ago

    Thank you, I love Finn also, that's why he has lived to be almost 8. He's a handful.

  • 10 years ago
    This is the progress I have made. I'm ordering the round table that was at Pottery Barn but Amber found it for under $400 on a different site. Also gonna add the material on to the backs of the brown pillows because I don't like what is on them. I have a yellow flower pot for the sideboard just need a new plant for it...any suggestions? still trying to find something for over the chair. The space is awkward, nothing I put up will be centered on the wall because the thermostats and a big open space to the left. I do like how it's starting to form just need a little more time...and money.
  • 10 years ago
    And....I'm going to paint the drawer next to the sideboard that has throw blankets and pillow in it. Maybe the bluer color from the rug and distressed so some white shows.
  • 10 years ago

    I like it. Love the metals over the console. Good job.

  • 10 years ago
    You could hang something that encloses the thermostat like a canvas piece that is hollow in the back. Know what I'm talking about?