Software
Houzz Logo Print
kittystough

Coordinating house exterior colors

10 years ago

Building a house on 7 acres of land with farmhouse feel throughout. What are the "rules" or what would look best coordinating colors of roof, front door, porch concrete floor, window shutters, porch columns???

This I do know...House exterior will be all white except brick at bottom, very dark gray roof, and the front door will be a medium wood stain.

Would it look odd to have the columns stained a light-medium wood stain (I LOVE natural wood)? Or should they be white? Should the color of the window shutters match the roof or match the front door? And what about the flooring? I was wanting the concrete porch floor to be stained to look like wood but don't know what color and how to make sure nothing clashes.

I attached pic of our actual house and the plans. The only thing we changed in the plans is the front porch roof is shingles and not metal.

Help! :)

Comment (1)